You are here

School Fields trip and BM....Seriously BM quit the nonsense!

shenanigans's picture

Background first....So,SD9 goes to private school, DH pays all tution, funds her lunch account, pays for all extra curriculum activities, pays the tutoring bill, and any extra school expenses. BM never offers to pay for anything, buys only 2 sets of uniforms for the entire school year even though SD9 is with her every other week, and is not involved in any school activites.

Well SD9 has her first overnight field trip coming up There have been emails to all the parents about this field trip over the last couple of weeks. The dates of the field trip was included in all emails. Well, permission slip comes home, we fill it out, paid the money and sent it back to school before the deadline.

The next week SD9 is with BM and I guess she mentions the field trip to her mom. BM sends a text to DH and asked did I miss something in regards to said field trip. DH responds there have been several emails in regards to it and the permission slips and money were due last week when SD was with us, so we took care of it. BM comes back with Well it is on MY TIME and I am HER MOTHER, and you should have discussed it with me, but you never discuss anything with me.
DH replied it is a mandatory field trip, what is there to discuss?

WTF....BM, you got the same emails as us, what does it matter that it is your night, SD leaves from our house, so you don't have to do anything for the trip. I swear, this BM and her BM logic never ceases to amaze me.

Orange County Ca's picture

It's unlikely the school didn't send her emails. Everyone else got them and she's gotten them in the past.

Orange County Ca's picture

All parents got emails and she got them in the past.

Ignore her if she continues.

QueenBeau's picture

I find it strange too but it is a private school so maybe that's the case.

Either way, a lot of ladies agree that both parents are responsible for communicating with the school. BM got the emails just like the father did. BM doesn't pay for school related things, so why should the father wait until SD is in trouble for not paying? OP says the trip is mandantory. BM should be happy that the father paid, since it is on her time & she should have paid.

shenanigans's picture

^^^^^Exactly. BM kept on and on until DH finally said to her, you are being ridiculous, why can't you just be happy I saved you $100 plus. She didn't have a word to say after that.

We just automatically take care of anything that involves money and is school related. There have too many instances when we have waited on BM and poor SD comes to us in a panic at the last minute because BM didn't take care of it. Luckily, our school is small, they are aware of our situation and always work with us.

Dad's new logic.... just taking care of it saves my daughter unnecessary stress.

bearcub25's picture

I would faint if our BM showed any interest in SDs school.....shocked she knows where it is.

shenanigans's picture

Yes, the school has her contact information. I see it everytime I log onto our account, her contact information listed right there along side our information.

shenanigans's picture

Let me put everyone's mind at ease about my Sd's overnight field at 9yo.

First, she attends a private Christian school with a total of 45 kids in her grade, that is 3 classes of 15 kids. They are at a fully staffed YMCA camp only about a 45 minute bus ride from the school. The teachers have set up a private Instagram account for parents only to follow their adventures at camp.

This is first of many overnight trips for SD during her school career at this school as their athletics program is a traveling program and a requirement for graduation is mission trips which are normally out of the country.

My problem was never the field trip, it was BM's logic and attitude.