You are here

SD intimidated by me?

daysleeper's picture

I was talking to SO tonight about why SD would lie to me about feeling upset, and he mentioned that she is probably intimidated by me. How does that happen? How do I fix that? What makes children intimidated by adults? I've been around for a year and a half at this point. Does it get better?

BSgoinon's picture

I wish I knew the answer to this. SS is intimidated by DH! HIS OWN DAD. It is so bad that one night SS had a stomach ache. He ended up clogging the toilet after he had a massive bm (bowel movement this time LOL) He was afraid to tell DH. He called me up had ME plunge it. There is ZERO reason for him to be intimated by DH. The child has never been in trouble. He is a GOOD kid.

I believe it stems from BM being afraid of DH. She tells him a lot "don't tell your dad, he will be mad". So.... gee wonder where it comes from.

daysleeper's picture

Long story short, there was an incident where I accidentally opened the door on SD and smacked her in the face. She said that she was okay, and then went up into her room, and when SO came inside, she started losing it.

BSgoinon's picture

There should be a certain degree of "fear" in all adult-child relationships. That is called RESPECT.