You are here

SD for Thanksgiving

Someoneelse's picture

DH just reminded me that he has SD for Thanksgiving. I haven't asked DH any more info (as soon as anyone asks questions about SD coming/how long, he thinks everyone is excited about her coming) usually she asks to split her holiday time with BM, so I don't know if she's going to be here the whole time... this will be only the 3rd time with us since her whole summer fiasco and all her visits prior where pretty short as she's "been busy". this will be her first WHOLE WEEK Thanksgiving break ever with us, and I am HOPING that she ends up asking if she can split the time... I DO NOT want to spend such a long time with her. Nea

advice.only2's picture

Maybe if nobody but DH is going to pay attention to her she will want to leave sooner rather than later.  I don't blame your daughters for wanting nothing to do with her.

Someoneelse's picture

OMG I am really hoping! DH has to run errands on monday and friday that week, I told him that he should take SD to have some QUALITY one on one time with her. His response is that he doesn't think she'd want to spend that much time sitting in a car (it's a 7hr trip errand). I wanted to tell him that I don't want to spend that much time with SD period. GOD knows that SOMETHING is going to happen, then it would be MY fault. sorry, no thanks... but how else do I tell him?

Winterglow's picture

"how else do I tell him?"

You remind him that the whole point of visitation is to spend time with the bio parent, not to sit around with the step. She goes with him or goes home.

Rags's picture

Maybe a tasty substitute for Turkey, Ham, or Prime Rib I suppose.

Rags's picture

Lol