You are here

Seriously...

Rebel78's picture

OK - so I was on for a while and took a break to get my feet on the ground...hmmmm...but this week I had to decide to come back to y'all for some understanding...if nothing else...

So here is the latest situation that we are now dealing with:

Ex calls and asks BF to look into soccer programs for the 4 and 3 year old (4yo 'played' last year). So he did and let her know that there was a program near her on Sat. mornings and then there was another program a bit closer to us (about 1 1/2 hours between us and her)...

His idea was to enroll the kids in both (he paying all fees) and they could play EOWE near her and EOWE nearer us - but she was more than welcome to come see them when they were down here...

the response -

She is going to fax a copy of the parenting plan to the one near us and tell them that he can not enroll the kids there as it is not a "joint" decision (per plan all "Major" decisions are joint). She is also going to take him to court if he insists on enrolling them...

OMG - It's his weekend, his time, his money...her reason for this response - First one...She doesn't have the money to drive down to watch them play...Second one...they should have some 'down' time since they will be in "school" and they need time to rest (now, school is 4 hours, 3 days a week...)

SERIOUSLY!!!!

I think I have finally convinced him to get his own lawyer and put her in her place!!

This is CRAZY!!! Are we really going to consider playing with other kids for 1 hour on every other Saturday a MAJOR decision?

But now we are looking at Laywer's - how do you choose one? We thought about Cordell and Cordell (have you heard the commercial??) but then I saw some bad reviews online...Anyone have suggestions in Memphis? We REALLY need a good lawyer on this one...

WifeVersion2.0's picture

I would tell her to kiss it. Smile

Seriously....what youth league you sign a 3&4 year old up to play soccer in is NOT a "major" decision. I hope that there is a little more clarification in their papers as to what constitutes a major decision. Otherwise, how/when the child wipes their hiney could be considered a major decision. That's usually reserved for school, medical, religious decisions. No judge expects 2 parents that are divorced to be able to agree on day to day stuff.

My response to her would be "radio silence" (ignore her). I wouldn't pay for kids to be in the league near her home. If I wanted to I would pay and enroll them in the one near you. If she sends the patenting agreement and the youth league actually refuses to enroll the children then I'd fire back with the se tactic. I wonder how she would like it if the league closest to her refused enrollment because this "major decision" wasn't agreed to by dad. Or maybe the kids could have "down" time on HER weekends and play soccer on dads weekends. Smile

Your DH needs to stop letting her control what he does on his time.

Tx mommy of 3's picture

I would not waste money on an attorney about a 3 year old soccer team!! He wanted him to look into it. He did. Giver her options- theycan enroll in both and eow play somewhere different or enroll I'm one place and miss games eow. If they enroll by her he kids will prob miss games when they're with you or if they enroll by you guys then they'll prob miss when they are with her. The kids are 3 and 4!! This isn't World Cup. Then let her decide what she wants to do. If she wants to fight about it and miss the deadlines to register then I guess the kids miss out this season. He is paying and doesn't even have to. I understand your frustration but I would save your attorney money on something major. Oh, and go ahead and enroll them ifyou want and call her bluff. If she doesn't have money to pay for gas to see them play on your weekends then what makes you believe she'll have money for an attorney and court?