You are here

Sickly SS

Alexusmaine's picture

SS15 seems to be almost always getting a cold or just getting over one. Summer he seems fine but as soon as school starts till it ends he's coughing, sneezing, running nose ect...He's NOT doing this to get out of school as for the most part Rarely stays home. If I or DH get a cold SS15 will ALWAYS get it too. I will have "cold symptoms" for the most 7days where SS15 will have the same cold symptoms BUT they will last 3-4 weeks. SS15 maybe "healthy" for a week to a month then cold symptoms come back. Thoughts? 

JRI's picture

Could it be an allergy?  I'm not sure where you live, but here, it's common to have allergies in the fall until frost comes.  It used to be called hay fever.

Alexusmaine's picture

It's more like SS15 gets a cold and TAKES forever to get over it. Meaning we all will be sick at the same time with the exact same cold symptoms cough/Sneezing BUT DH and I will be over it and SS15 is still sick a week later. Could allergies make your Immune system weaker so SS15 is just having a harder time getting rid of a cold?

lieutenant_dad's picture

Being sick that frequently sounds miserable. Time to bring it up with his physician and seek out an answer. Could be allergies, an autoimmune disorder, or something else entirely. You'll never know, though, until he gets tested.

reedle2021's picture

I agree with lieutenant_dad, time for a visit with the physician just to make sure there isn't something underlying going on. 

Flustered's picture

See the SS doctor. Kids always get sick when school starts but this seems like too much. For your DH sake, take his kid to MD. Better safe than sorry