You are here

Sorry for the rant but need to vent

Petmom12's picture

Ok I’m a Nurse in New York stressed out working long hours with dwindling supplies to protect myself. This vent is NOT about my job but DH. DH works for a Computer security company and due to the virus working from home. Now I get it he’s “still working” BUT it’s mostly answering emails and ONE 15 minute meeting a day. 

Since I’m working 40 plus hours a week under Hellish conditions I asked him to pick up some extra housework that I would normally do. Vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, Laundry things like that. I even gave him a list as he said that would help. Well it went great for the first week then DH started not having time to get much done. He said he’s really busy with work stuff which I would be fine with BUT I noticed things DH wanted to do we’re getting done. He got our backyard fence up, grass planted his man cave all set up so Obviously Work is not keeping him that busy. 

I get it this things have to been done too and they are more Manly than Scrubbing toilets but I guess I just wished he help me with things. My Co-working told me how her husband has dinner on the table when she gets home and I almost fainted! DH can’t even use the grill I do it. 

Again so sorry for the rant but I’m so tired from work and to come home to a dirty house, bathrooms with piss on the floor from Feral SS and Clutter all around just depresses me. In the end either I have to do it or live in filth Rant over

hereiam's picture

Oh my Gosh, I would be livid. How very unsupportive of your husband, especially considering what you are doing (putting your life at risk and thank you, for that).

I'm sorry that he is being an ass.

susanm's picture

I would be furious and make him feel guilty as hell for not making my homecoming as comfortable as possible.  Thank you for what you are doing.  Please know that people all over the country consider you and your co-workers to be heroes!

ITB2012's picture

One of our neighbors is a nurse here. Her husband is also working from home. But when she gets home all the things are ready for her for her to clean-up and her husband washes her clothes from work, and cleans, and makes dinner, and does some of his stuff. BUT, mostly he makes sure she's doing okay.

Does he realize that if he doesn't do all the cleaning and such that you, the person exposed daily, will do it and probably expose your household to more of the virus?

SteppedOut's picture

Your dh (not dear husband, d!ck head) is a freaking selfish jerk. True colors showing. 

No freaking way you should have to be dealing with his feral kid's piss on the floor (not now, not ever)! That you have not completely lost your sh!t speaks volumes to how exhausted I know you are. 

When this virus has subsided, I think you should take some time to think about this. And how much housework you have to do compared to him/his kid even when times are "good". How much more are you doing than if you were single? Your life should not be more difficult when you are married. 

Merry's picture

The beginning of the end with my exH was when he announced to me that He Does Not Clean Toilets. I looked around the room to see who else might be living there that would. I didn't see anybody, so I said that I, also, Do Not Clean Toilets. He lost his sh!t.

Anyway, tell him how you feel. Is he just dense and doesn't get how much you need his support? You should never have to clean up after SS anyway. (Gross.)

And, you can tell him you are just too tired and worn down to cook, do laundry, whatever it is. He can make a sandwich if he wants to eat. Would be extra nice if he made one for you too.

My gosh, you are putting your life on the line. I'd cook you a meal if I could.

CLove's picture

For all your hard work. I cant imagine coming home from hellish conditions is much better, considering you said Feral SS.

Have a chat with hubby, rain holy heck on him do a crazy dance. He needs to wake up to the reality that you need him to help out, not help himself.

AQuietLife's picture

How can he be so tone deaf to your situation? You're on the frontline working your ass off. This is unacceptable. Better to be alone.

Rags's picture

First, thanks for your service as a medical professional during this national crisis.

Now, I call BS on your DH.  My wife is working full time. I am between careers.  She is a CPA and working 70+ hours per week for the foreseeable future due to the extension of tax season, the SBA loan program expansion and the financial information compilation requirements for the stimulus program.  She has mostly worked from home for the past few weeks but does spend as many as a few days a week at the office.

I cook, I clean, I shop (once every 10 days of so) and I do just about all of the domestic work.  Except her laundry.  I leave that to her since she does not like how I do laundry and her lady garments are not a fan of my get-r-done laundry methods.

Time for DH to step up.  I would sit him down and break down for him the time it would take for him to do the chores you have asked him to do then outline the hours it took to set up his man cave, build the fence, etc....

Tolerate nothing less than him stepping up or... he can do it all once you get home under the painful over site of the evil hairy eyeball you will keep on him.

His choice. Get it done, or suffer.

Thanks again for your work.