You are here

SS 17 more drama with my DH

stuknaz's picture

Well most of you know that SS 17 and his Dad have not been speaking for 3 weeks now. Due to him calling DH a FUKN N##GR anyway DH has not had any communication with this kid. DHe is waiting on an apology or something from hi son! Yeah right..Anyway yesterday we were sitiing outside and it was about the time the high school kids were getting out from school.
DH was lik elets go take a ride? I'm like where? he says lets see if we can find my son. At first I said No you go and I will wait here. But then I changed my mind and went just in case something should happen between them.
Sure enough we spotted his son walking with a bunch of his friends.
DH rolls down the window and says to his son "Come over here I wanna talk to you."
SS keeps walking and acts as if he doesn't see DH or hears him. DH then gets out the car and says: "Get in the car!" SS keeps on walking. Dh follows him and yells "I said get in the car!" SS says" No. I don't want too!" And keeps on walking with is friends.
DH begins screaming at his son in the middle of the street. "Fine. I guess you don't have a father now! You can kiss my azz I'm done with you!"
He finally gets back in the car and there are tears in his eyes. He was hurt once again. The whole night was messed up opver this incident.
But to me that was blatant direspect(once again) by his son. If my mom/dad asked me or even told me to get in the car. I would have jumped right in no questions asked, yet alone walk away! Are you kidding me!!
Is it me or does this kid have NO respect for his father at all??

Endora's picture

This generation (I hate to sound like I am ancient (I am!) Ha-

This generation was not taught to respect their parents/teachers or authority figures -not all but a vast majority, I see this everyday as SS Zippy16.5 has a few friends. I can count on one hand the number of teens in our house who even say please and thank-you! They just demand-rides, food, games, outings-Zippy does NOTHING for his parents birthdays, mothers or fathers day, Christmas-NOTHING-just expects-this year we are thinking of doing nothing for Zippy's B-Day-see how long it takes for him to figure out he missed his B-Day!

I think your SS wanted to look "cool" in front of his friends. The fact that he has not apologized in private to his father is hurtful for sure!

Step Parenting – you might need to step back before you step in something!

stuknaz's picture

they expect everything and want to give NOTHING in return. And yes DH is HURT very HURT. And i knew this was going to happen. He loves that kid and this is killin him, but if it was me!! HA that boy wouldn't be walking yet alone talkin because i would have knocked his teeth out of his mouth!
I was literally cringing in the car and was hoping that known of the neighbors saw us. The kid was on my old street when this happened and my Mother still lives on that block as well as old time neighbors! :jawdrop:
But when I was ateenager I was rebellious but I never disrespected my parents at all. My mom and dad would put the fear of God in me! :O

"And this too shall pass..."

JMC's picture

JamaicanMeCrazy
DISNEY LIED...THERE IS NO 'HAPPILY EVER AFTER'

only she's a lot worse when her friends are around - it's like she loves to have an audience & puts on a major dramatic performance for them. She smart mouths DH and is just downright disrespectful and rude. The last time she pulled that crap on DH in front of her buds, I told him she needed to have her ass busted, her friends immediately sent home and be grounded until she could learn some respect. DH looked at me like I had just sprouted horns. Sorry, but I don't accept the excuse 'she's just a teenager' - Bull! If I'd said or done anything close to what SD17 is allowed to get away with, my parents would have turned me wrong side out!

Endora's picture

Would have knocked me into the next day for disrespecting him-but again, that was another generation....

stuknaz's picture

I've been telling DH to just leave the kid alone. The text messaging and the phone calls that he makes to the son go unanswered. How many times does this boy have to kick you in the face before you realize he does not give a shyt about you or your feelings one way or the other!
I'm just so sick of seeing him cry(very emotional and sensitive). DH is a very hands on dad. He's on eof those fathers that would follow the school bust to all AWAY games. No matter how far or what kind of weather he was there! he was/is very involved with both kids and NOW this!!

i don't know what to do. I keep telling him but he is not listening! :?

stuknaz's picture

I have been told by DH that these are MY BOYS and I will handle it! Ok cool fine , but stop coming to me in tears when they disrespect you!

Endora's picture

DH will turn himself inside out and upside down for Zippy's approval. Just recently DH said-(DH has been really trying to "parent"-Zip rather than be his buddy)anyway he said to me

"Endora, I don't like the way Zippy looks at me these days -insert Zippy constantly rolling his eyes at DH lately instead of hanging off DH every breath, staring like a star struck teenager at his father :jawdrop:

Endora's picture

To this day, if Zippy REALLY wants something-he will bat his camel like eye lashes (like a girl-no offence as I am one)at his father who immediately turns into a weak kneed simpering idiot ready to jump to Zippy's command!

Zip-like Droopy-is a clone of his mom yet DH sees Zippy as his clone (NOT even close!)

Zippy is DH only bio child via invitro fertilization (darn -it HAD to work didn't it!!)(he raised Zippy's half sister since she was two-she NEVER calls him and he adores this young woman-talk about hurtful and to borrow your phrase Crayon-his "Chimp on Crack" step "grandson")