You are here

SS got a reality check in being grateful?

sbm014's picture

SS got a true reality check of not getting everything exactly what he wanted. I know he is only 5 and it may be mean but it made me happy.

Santa brought him a dirt bike that needs a little work and DH works on ATV, UTV, and dirt bikes for fun during his off time so it worked out perfectly for us to buy a used one. Though we also bought all parts to customize it to how SS wants it.

Well last night he got to open gifts as saw you could tell Santa had brought him something the wrong color and with wear he looked at DH and made a comment along the lines of "I thought Santa only brought new stuff" to which DH responded "He knows daddy can work on stuff so wanted to focus on the kids who don't have parents that can do what I do it wouldn't be fair if he spent so much on your stuff when I can fix it and not all parents can" the face on SS was priceless.

Yes he was still semi Disney dad for getting him a dirt bike as last year he got a ATV (that DH made look brand we) and the kid pretty much gets whatever he wants but at least SS got to see he needed to simply be thankful he got one, and that DH can fix stuff and work on things when many can't.

SS still had a look of shock and finally seemed happy and thankful. It just made me so proud to see him semi off his high horse as SS I think had figured Santa out and have BM and DH two completely different Santa list and I know BM fulfilled hers to a the tee.

sbm014's picture

Yep he is 5 will be 6 in March. It is not something I completely agree with but he has the best quality helmet and chest protector and it can strictly out of DH's account (we have a joint for bills then individual) and didn't affect me financially. I will say I would rather him have one at our house where DH and I can teach him how to properly ride and know he has all safety gear.

I am glad you don't think I'm mean for taking pride in seeing this lesson taught. I was very proud of DH and his handling of the situation.