You are here

stopping the disrespect

bendetti21's picture

the bm of my sd8 is such a bitch. she will not respect me in my relationship and daughters life. she doesn't like her husband getting disrespected which never happens. but shes all about not respecting me. I send a updated contact sheet with all medical information ie dentist, doctor, therapist, etc. and she sends email back telling me i shouldn't send it. only dh should be sending me emails unless emergencies only. and i should learn my place cause i wasn't there when sd was born and etc. I basically told her to go f yourself. And she continued to harrass me. then when she calls the house and i say i'm on the phone and call later. she calls twenty times, i have call waiting i hear the beeps. and texts me and my dh saying i'm in contempt and keeping her fromm her child and demands to talk to sd now. I don't need that, its my house if i want to use my phone i can.

I just want all of it to stop. I'm on the verge of calling the cops for harrassment. and i don't want sd to not have contact but on the other hand. don't disrespect me and my house. what if anything can i do?

bendetti21's picture

yeah the bitch got remarried to a "african princess" none the less. she wouldn't appreciate it if we insulted him but she can do it to me....

bendetti21's picture

well your advice is rude. I do not speak to her at all unless i am forced to. But the fact that a contact sheet of information was sent from my email is irrelevent. Any normal sane person would just print it out and not have said a word. And even if someone would have a problem with it, it doesn't give them the right to treat me or anyone else like s**t. And my dh does handle the situations, but when he's at work and doesn't have the time to send the info then i do it for him. Like i have with other emails that she hasn't complained about. So don't tell me to stay out of it. i am out of it.

Angel72's picture

Yah, bm did this to me at the beginning. I basically logged everything for a while then sent her a legal letter and sent to both lawyers basically telling her to stop harassing, stop using me against the kids, the issues she has with her ex should stay between herself and him and not invovled anyone. My house, my rules. Hence calls will only be accepted between certain hours , so its not like she is being blocked from her kids and if the phone is busy have the human courtesy to wait 30 mins and try again. Any continual phoning will be seen as harassment and be given a restraining order..
Then i began taking the phoneoff the hook or shutting the ringer off after the alotted times until she gave up.
I also got rid of the second line, hence no beeping in my ear, she's the one who got the busy signal and i would talk until i ws finished.
So,you dont have to go that far as a legal letter the way i did.
1. Cut off the second line. Hence no beeping in your ear. and hence no communication between yourself and her.
2. Turn off the ringer at selective times , she can leave a message.
3. Get sd to phone her at times, this way she can't accuse you of not speaking with said daughter.
4. dont engage with her at all. It is between your dh and her. Emergency numbers for her, for her duaghter is yoru dh's business. Dont give her a reason to lash out.
Cut her out completely. When the phone rings and its bm, i rarely pick it up...why? dont feel like hearing her sick voice at times. And she only phones when skids are visiting...
It took me 10 years to not care for anyhting at all...the first 3 years of this relationship and marriage were the most stressful times of my life. Once i didn't give a shit what she thought or said, life was peachy. Do the same for yourself. dont knock your head on a brick wall for her.
It is your house, you are in control, make the necessary steps to ensure this and show the other person ontheline you mean business.