You are here

canshe take our visitation

bendetti21's picture
Forums: 

so we alternate holidays. odd number years mom gets christmas and spring break. even years she gets thanksgiving and new years. We all have followed the assumption that it goes by the school calendar. That was the way prior and has been since the agreement was filed. now because it is the first year mom has to wait util summer to see child she got thanksgiving and new years and now thinks she gets spring break because 2011 is odd. But the agreement states each party gets one winter break holiday and another school visitation. so if she gets spring break we only have one holiday in 2011. She still thinks she is right. what should we do?

bendetti21's picture

well if you look at it by years. A year is from jan 1 to dec 31st. This year 2010 se is getting new years jan 1 2011. which means that my fiance will be losing a holiday if it goes by years not by school years.

bendetti21's picture

all the paper says is that :

mother gets one week of winter break and another alternating school break. odd years christmas and spring break. Even years thanksgiving and new years. But this arrangement only works if it goes by a school calendar. If a real calendar is used then christmas odd years and new years even years is ours and there isn't a week inbeween for the mother to get the week. so I don't know how anyone can read this and not understand it is by a school calendar. I just need other peoples common sense here.

Tx mommy of 3's picture

odd number years mom gets christmas and spring break. even years she gets thanksgiving and new years.

I understand it that this year (2010), she should have had them TG and will have hem New Years. You guys should've had them spring break and Christmas. Next year (2011), she should have them spring break & Christmas and you guys get them TG and New years.