You are here

Take your boys with you when you leave.

Mentalgirl48's picture

It's my day off today. Bf has been home from the road for three days so he's had his boys then. No problem. However... He was due to be back on the road this morning starting at 7am and wanted to leave the boys here for half the day until BM felt like picking them up. Says that he didn't want to make them get up so early. (16 and 17).
And I'm sure that BM was not planning on taking her boys back until much later in the day.
I said NO. You can take the boys with you when you leave this morning as its my day off. I will NOT sacrifice one more moment of my free time so she can blow off her " mamma" duties . my name not on the court documents.. YYup I'm a bitch. But I'm standing up for what I want.

So I get a text saying she was pissed he dropped them off so early this morning.
OH WELL!!!!
HAHAHA

grace4mom's picture

I ask this question ALL the time!!!! I have to write anger letters all the time, that I dont send, but really want to ask her why she is a mother if its always such an inconvenience.

Accordn2L's picture

Our BM had another one of her spawn the week before Mother's Day and was supposed to take SD8 back at 9 am and refused to get her until 4 because she was too tired. Um hello? It's your kid and it's Mother's Day, sort of a time to be together. Sorry you keep spitting out kids and you are tired, but after this many you should know how that keeps happening.

You did the right thing by sending them to BM and being able to enjoy your day off! You go girl!

Mentalgirl48's picture

Yes.. I feel Damn good about it. She's a busy business woman.. Chose her career over her kids.. Oh well.. Not on my time.. Suck it up biatch.

herewegoagain's picture

Career over kids? You know, if she was a stay at home mom and chose to be that over being a career woman and therefore, you DH had to support her, you'd be saying she should get a job. Sadly, women can't win in this society we live in.

However, I do agree it is her responsibility or your DHs, not yours. Good for you.

toywas's picture

In the past anytime DHs adult golden eggs stayed here (during the holidays or a wedding), I ALWAYS made sure that DH took time off from work to stay with them, and if HE left to go somewhere, they went with him. To this day, I tell DH that I'm not their mom; I'm not their friend; and I'm definitely not their motel or cook.

You did the right thing; they're HIS responsibility not yours!

toywas's picture

I don't know what's wrong with these mothers! ST made me finally realize that I do NOT owe DHs kids anything and that was a real eye opener!!! And since they have treated me like shit all these years, why should I be there babysitter?!

Mentalgirl48's picture

I used to feel bad and saying no was a big problem for me. Not anymore. My time is more important to me.. I could care less about her time off. She must hhave given him some shit as I see from the phone text records she sent him quite a few tests after he stopped them off.
I dare her to text me..

leslie814's picture

I am also learning this, I did feel bad for a while but not anymore. I am the childless one damn it not the other way around! She had the nerve the other day when DH left for work I called her to come get them she said "if you wanted to hang out with them for a while that would be ok i'll come get them in a few hours". Umm hanging out with your kids is not on my to do list!

Mentalgirl48's picture

Exactly!

herewegoagain's picture

As I have said for years…BM's and IL's view? "she is the son/daughter of your husband, you should treat them as your own, take care of them as your own, blah, blah, blah"…then SMOM says "hey little fu#$%cers, clean up your room, make your bed, wash your clothes, you can't go out, blah, blah, blah" and all of a sudden BM's and IL's view is??? "you are NOT their mother, shut the fR#$ck up, blah, blah, blah…"…then you DIE and don't leave them a penny and BM's and IL's view is? "that witch SMOM, she was their SMOM, how dare she treat her bios differently and not leave her SKIDS the same inheritance as she left her BIOS, I told you she always hated those kids"…Crazy, just crazy. The more I read, the more I think that while divorce should be legal, marrying someone with kids should be ILLEGAL! ugh

LONGTIME SM's picture

Couldn't have said it better!!!!!! Explains my step history exactly! Smile

Accordn2L's picture

Good! If she does bother you, go ahead and block her from contacting your phone. She can contact your DH.

SMof2Girls's picture

If it's too early in the morning, drop them off the night before. This stuff isn't rocket science.

Mentalgirl48's picture

It was HER time as his time ended this morning but in all honesty there is NO custody agreement..she makes the schedule when she wants them and so on..she never transports..DH always picks them up and drops them off for her...its total BS.

onthefence2's picture

This is what I hate about info left out... because if you read just the explanation, I would be pissed off as the bm, too. Because it looks like Daddy was the one who wanted to coddle his wittle bittie babies so they didn't have to get up so early...and did he just drop them off with no notice? YOU AND SHE should be pissed if I'm reading this right. He should have just done what he needed. How hard is it to ask bm, "do you want them tonight, or 7 am?" If she tries to pawn them off on you, he says, "That's not an option." HER choice, you aren't involved, and everyone's happy. Those kids are too old be such a concern either way. It's not like they need to be babysat.

Mentalgirl48's picture

I don't know if he told her last Night he was dropping them off on his way to work or not.. It's something they have to work out.. I just know that he was trying to get me to keep them for part of my day.. Probably to appease her.. So I said nope... Not going to happen they go back when you leave.