You are here

Off Topic

Smomtutu's picture

DH had a work party today and all spouses were invited. I had asked for the day off of work and it was granted. I had bought a new outfit, had my hair colored. I got sick a few days ago and still have the sniffles and congestion. I went out this AM to have my hair styled in anticipation of the party. I came home and my DH told me I looked nice. I changed into my new outfit and started to put my makeup on, only for DH to tell me that he was headed out. I got teary eyed and then he said, "Oh you want to go, I just thought since you were sick and all" I told him to go ahead and go that I would rest. Last night, he told me that he would come home early from his usual Friday night bar night and bring dinner. I went to bed at 9:30 and he still wasn't home. He did tell me that he got home around 9:45 and there is a bunch of food in the fridge. I feel like he just doesn't want me around. He is not having an affair. I think he is just ashamed of me. He doesn't understand why I have self-esteem issues. DUH!

Orange County Ca's picture

Sounds like plausible reasons. But why tell him to go ahead and go?

Disneyfan's picture

I smell a rat as well. I think I would just pop up and surprise him at the party.

LilyBelle's picture

You need to go to the party. Spouses were invited. You are his spouse. Why not be honest with him and say you're feeling well enough to go now, and you'd like to be there?

discfocused's picture

OMG.. I would be heartbroken and what you explained sounds like the story of my life. It also really does sound fishy. I would have popped in and checked things out. Or set him up for something. Tell him you are going out with friends or something and meet a friend in another car around the block and see what he does and where he goes when he knows your going to be gone all night. I do have to say my fiancee would do something like this though. He has no capability of understanding how his actions make other people feel.