You are here

UPDATE.... you won't believe this one!

Conflicted's picture

I haven't been on here in a bit because get this; BM hasn't been causing any drama! Woohoo! The skids have been great, homelife has been great, 2010 has been smooth sailing so far! I'm planning the wedding and deciding on how to incorporate kids INTO the ceremony. I'm really liking the Unity Candle ceremony or a Sand Ceremony including all the kids. If anyone has any ideas please let me know!

happy's picture

I had someone say to incorporate them into the vows.. Like a set of family vows... Depending on kids ages, it could be really special and pretty.. You know..

Happy
"live life to its fullest everyday"

stepmasochist's picture

I have 3 skids. At the time of the wedding there ages were SD10, SD8 and SS5.

SS 5 was the ring bearer and he made the cutest ring bearer. I hate the satin pillow thing. I just don't like them. He put the rings in his breast pocket and dug them out when it was time for him. It took him a a little bit to dig them out and hand them to the minister and our minister is kind of a joker he said, "And, they're both still there!!"

Oldest SD read a poem by e.e. cummings - "Love is more thicker than forget"

And SD 8 was our flower girl.

They were our only attendents and it worked out perfectly and they were all so very excited to be a part of it.

stepmom008's picture

What if you got a big vase and some of that colored sand & everyone pour a handful into it as part of the ceremony? Kind of symbolic, like all individuals melting into a family. Plus you can keep it on display at home Smile

"There are two things over which you have complete dominion, authority, and control over - your mind and your mouth".

dsngrl's picture

thats what we did.. 3 different colored sands and all 3 of us poured our sand in together.. it was really cute b/c SS3 (2 at the time) kept saying .. no no, not done yet! (the sand was pouring really slow).. so we had to wait until ALL of the sand was poured in.. it was really cute and he really enjoyed being a part of the wedding. Each of us had our own sand container with our initial engraved into it.

DISbelief's picture

HOoorrraaayyy!!! That is awesome news! We just got married in August and had the kids in the ceremony. Here is how we incorporated them:

They were the wedding party and ONLY them
We did Unity Sand ceremony, 5 colors of sand, we all poured into a glass vase while my sister (officiated) explained what we were doing and WHY it was important
We had the kids dedicated during the ceremony. Even though they had been at birth, we did it again as a symbol of dedicating THIS household to serving The Lord and raising them to KNOW Him.
Of COURSE we were announced as The NEW Family
The kids were given a chance to congrats and tell us they love us during reception.
They had their seats at the "head table"
Each kid got their own special dance with BOTH of us. With a song that was suitable for each of them, we made it fun... one of them was the "hokey pokey" because that kid sings that song ALL of the time (Imy kids are 6 and Dirol

Good luck and HAVE FUN!!

DISbelief~

~You have to BE crazy to UNDERSTAND crazy!~ Wink

NaturallyMom's picture

Good for you!!!
We did the Sand Ceremony. The kids loved it (sand, fun etc) plus we got married on the beach. It was a small gathering - 25 people? - and it was all just totally mellow.
The night before we got married, SS10 (SS7 at the time) asked who the ringbearer was and I said it wasn't going to be like that. Then he asked where my dad was to walk me down the isle and I said he couldn't make it. SO then he said "well what if I walk you down the isle?" I said "it's more like prancing across the sand ... but if you would like to you can."
It's the best pic of the wedding Biggrin
Anyway, when it comes to the kids, don't pressure them and totally go with what is comfortable, memorable, and natural Biggrin
Good luck!

"Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Angel72's picture

My sd was the flower girl and my ss was the ring bearer. It was nice Smile
And for a thank you card afterwards i sent a card of our family at the wedding.

Conflicted's picture

I'm really loving the sand idea. Thank you all so much for the feedback! Will let you know what we decide on!

Constantly_guilty's picture

It probably depends on how many kids you are trying to incorporate. Since DH and I both had one child coming into the marriage we did "parent vows" and gave each of the girls a special necklace during our ceremony. But there are lots of great options for any size family. Congrats and good luck!