You are here

Vacation With 4 SKIDS

Dogandpony's picture

Ill be going on a week long vacation next week with my DH and the 4 SKIDS.  Fortunately,  my bio daughter (18) will be coming with me so that will definitely make it more tolerable.  I plan on getting through this with a lot of wine and a trashy novel.  Any other survival tips would be great..Thanks Smile

Siemprematahari's picture

Wine----------------------check

Novel---------------------check

Ear buds 4 music------check

Disengagement--------check

More wine---------------check

Aniki-Moderator's picture

Be prepared to carry through with plans for just you and your daughter. If the skids are being buttheads, let your DH deal with them and you and your BD go have fun!

tog redux's picture

Hmmm - this would depend on what kind of vacation it is.  If you and DD are free to do your own thing, that would be fine.  If all 6 of you are going to be dragging around together seeing sights, that sounds miserable. 

Dogandpony's picture

yes!!  Everything is more tolerable with liquor.  Of course,  my DH is so excited for the trip.  God love him....if only he could read my thoughts.  We have a few planned activities.  But, I’m planning on doing a little one on one with my DD.  She can only take so much step life in a shared, small cottage.

Exjuliemccoy's picture

1)Make sure your SO handles his own kids. Don't get stuck doing things he should be doing for them.

2)Don't get stuck being a drudge and doing all the cooking and cleaning. Make sure everyone piches in and helps.

3) Build in a bit of couple time. Maybe your DD could watch the skids while you and your SO have dinner somewhere?

4) Keep a sense of humor.

5) Alcohol.

StrawberryPie's picture

Oh man.  If you have wifi on vacation - give us an update!  We will be routing for you (and the wine).

shamds's picture

Especially if this is a romantic getaway or say birthday/wedding anniversary celebration me and hubby do its only our 2 toddlers who come along but they’re pleasant.

since me and my kids are not treated as family, disrespected and told constantly to hubby how we aren’t family by his ss21 (i believe the term he used was “stranger/outsider”) then no holidays of mine will ever involve you.

since sd’s i haven’t seen in over 10 months out of their own choices, hell to the eff no is hubby ever suckering me into “quality family time” or “1 bg hqppy family”. He couldn’t even pay me money to tolerate his rejects and he knows it... truth hurts for absent parents or parents who were unable to coparent.