You are here

A little vent

Dogandpony's picture

I love my DH dearly but sometimes he does not get it.  It’s the little things that get under my skin and he does them frequently LOL !  Anyway,  I am just venting here to make me feel better as I frequently come to this site to read through what others are experiencing as a SM.  

Yesterday my DH shows me a pic of himself from over 3.5 years ago.  I ask him where it was taken as I couldn’t remember.

He said, “this pic was taken at my house.”  I was confused and said, “you mean this house?”  He said, “No, my old house.”  Meaning, the house he shared with his ex.

I was irritated as he knows I am very sensitive regarding the BM and said,  “well,  you need to clarify that because that is NO longer your house.  Your house is here and with me....”.  He sighed heavily and said,  “it was my house and there is nothing that needs clarifying.”

In the grand scheme of things this is nothing,  but when I’ve worked a 12 hour shift and going through menopause...watch how you say things.  Vent done Smile !!!

tog redux's picture

I know you are just venting - but may I suggest you deal with your insecurity differently? Because that would drive me nuts if I were him.  I agree - it doesn't need clarifying. That was once his house, too. 

Dogandpony's picture

Thank you.  I appreciate the comment.  It wasn’t a topic that went any further than what I stated above.  I wasn’t driving him crazy by beleaguering the issue. Just wanting some support as this is the place to vent :).

caitlinj's picture

I feel you. It may seem little but it's probably a number of things like this that have led to your irritatation. It all adds up. My SO wanted me to play a xmas game his ex bought his kids with them. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal. But it irritated me because the ex has been so completely uselss as a parent. I've taught her kids so many things that mom should've taught them, not me. She sees her kids a couple times a week for a few hours. No I do not want to play her game. It's very irritating. If she was a decent mother I more than likely would not have been irritated by this. She is also invasive as well along with being a lax parent in many ways. It gets to the best of us eventually. People think it's about jealousy and maybe it is. But it's jealousy not about our SO but jealousy that someone can have the respect of being a parent when they are not nearly a decent one. And you don't get the respect of being a parent when you work so hard for only disrespect, attitudes and rejection in return.