You are here

A very different week for me and husband, nervous for today when stepdaughter comes back

4ever's picture

Last week was so great. I made an effort not to bring up my stepdaughter or my husband's ex (her mom) and my husband and I had such a relaxing time together. He didn't bring them up either, not once. He never does talk about either of them unless it's important. For the first time in five years I'm a little nervous about my stepdaughter coming back today after school (it's our week). She's not a bad kid but she's been distant from me. She's 12. She tried to spy on my phone, too! That was weird. Anyway, now I'm giving it back to her, just keeping to myself. It feels weird but I think it's the best thing. We both need our space right now. Usually I would have cleaned her room, did her laundry, bought all her favorite foods at the grocery store, even put a little treat on her pillow, called her friends' moms to arrange playdates, planned something fun for us this weekend. I've done all of that every week she's with us for the past 5 years. But I don't feel like doing any of it now. It's such a big difference in how I feel, I'm indifferent to her right now. Luckily my husband is picking up the slack and taking care of all the necessities. He's glad I'm taking time for myself, he's been so supportive. I'm lucky I think. I just hope this week goes well. Wish me luck!