You are here

What books do you recommend for stepparents?

SC's picture

Hi all! I've seen Stepmonster recommended over and over on this site, so it's in my cart on Amazon! However, I have to spend $25 to get my free shipping! Wink

I already have The Courage to be a Stepmom, Stepcoupling, and The Enlightened Stepmother. Since I'm already purchasing Stepmonster, what should I add to my cart?

Thanks!
SC

Most Evil's picture

If you are unaware of PAS, I recommend Divorce Poison - STRONGLY.

If dealing with a mentally ill BM, 'Stop walking on eggshells'.

belleboudeuse's picture

Oh, but if you want to read that one, I can send it to you! I have it, but I don't really need it. I've read what I need out of it. PM me and I'll mail it to you.

BB

You are not second best, you are not second class. Do not ever let anyone make you feel that way. - 2BLoved

StepMadre's picture

The Dance of Intimacy and The Dance of Anger, both by Harriet Lerner. The Single Girls Guide to Marrying a Man, His Kids, and His Ex-wife: Becoming a Step-mother With Humor and Grace. Stepmotherhood: How to Survive Without Feeling Frustrated, Left Out, or Wicked by Cherie Burns and Supernanny: How to Get the Best From Your Children by Jo Frost. Also, The Woman's Comfort Book by Jennifer Louden is great for any woman in a stressful situation. All of these are great for anyone starting out in a marriage with step-kids and cover most of the problems step-moms face, with practical and useful solutions. I totally wouldn't bother with The Idiots Guide To Step-parenting as it is obviously geared towards actual idiots.

Hope these suggestions helped!

"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they will kill you." ~Oscar Wilde