You are here

Who would your spouse text 174 times in 10 days? Or over 40 times in a single day? --Very long

AmIWicked's picture

That is rhetorical.
No one should be texting someone 174 times in 10 days,... but yet...

My husband got a text yesterday at 5pm. I'm normally not home then i'm still at work. I asked who it was and saw him immediately delete it. He said it was a woman at work that her husband ran out on her and she has a 4 year old boy that her ex has never seen. He then asked if we could give her $100 for christmas to help with the boy. (we've done this kind of thing before so that wasn't exceptionally odd) He proceeded to tell me a few more details about this woman and her kid...he had never mentioned her before.

I logged on to verizonwireless.com and found that in the last 10 days my husband has been texting this woman back and forth for a total of 174 times! and 6 of them were picture/video messages!

I asked him about it and he said there is nothing going on. That they are friends.
Then I pointed out the times of day and frequency of them talking. And that the 2 phone calls he placed to her wednesday night was right before our game night with the kids started and right after it ended, yet I didn't see him make a call so he must have purposely went into another room or outside-I didn't see him make the call and TO ME that is him HIDING.
He still thought nothing odd and said I promise you nothing is going on, i'm not trying to get into her pants or anything.
So then I pointed out to him that 174 messages back and forth to ANYONE in 10 DAYS is excessive. and that IF he wasn't sleeping with her or TRYING to sleep with her this was NOT NORMAL behavior for someone to text that frequently to anyone ESPECIALLY if it was at 10pm, 12am, or 5am---ALL TIMES I WAS ASLEEP or to litterally carry on a conversation ALL day LONG. (Two days there were 40 texts back and forth!!)

He could not show me any of the pictures or messages(his phone is ancient and only holds 50 texts-inbound/outboud combined- so he deletes them unless it is important for documentation purposes with his ex wife...
So I told him, no more. That's it. He offered to get a track phone with no texting. I told him I wanted to trust him not take away his technology.

But then I told him I wanted to hold his cell phone today. And I texted that same number.
"can u resend that last pic"
the number responded
"lol no glad to see you found your phone ha"

SOOOOO my husband talked to this person to let them know he didn't have his phone with him??????

SO I called the number,

A woman answered and I told her she had been texting my husband the last few days.
Her answer was "um no"
"Yes you have- the number ending in BLANK BLANK BLANK BLANK, that's my husband's number."
"what's his name?"
"blank blank is works as a BLANK"
"oh, what is your name?"
"BLANK BLANK HIS WIFE. I take it you didn't know about me?"
"no-nothings happened, it's just friendly, i just think he's really funny"
"so it's friendly to text a man 174 times in 10 days at all times of the day and night, and all throughout the day and send him 6 pictures?"
"nothings happened I swear"
"can I ask how you met him?"
"I work at BLANK, also. (pause) um this is kind of awkward I really don't know what to say."
"HA, well I don't want to make this any more awkward for YOU, so I'll say goodbye."

I called and made an appointment at our therapist which we hadn't seen in 3 weeks...
Then I called my husband's WORK CELL and told him
"I made an appointment at 4pm today at BLANK therapy. You can come and we can talk about what happened, or you can not come and I'll find somewhere else to stay tonight." And I hung up.

AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF

AmIWicked's picture

His first wife VERY OPENLY cheated on him for a few years before he got the courage to divorce her (everyone is catholic, divorce is a big no no and he was the first in his family)

He did tell me that his first wife ALWAYS accused him of cheating on her. He travels for work and has millions of oportunities to cheat.
I've always given him blind trust.

Now my trust is a big FAT ZERO.

AmIWicked's picture

Sorry it cut me off...

To top it off my husband has mediation tomorrow morning with his ex wife and he told me he WANTS ME THERE TO HELP HIM

I feel like disappearing and letting him handle his own crap.

StepKat's picture

I'm so sorry you're going through this hun. It's awesome, however, that you are confronting him on what he is doing and forcing him to face his actions. I know this is a stupid question, but what is mediation?

AmIWicked's picture

In his CO any time a parent wants to change the CO, it is mandatory that they have "mediation" before it goes in front of a judge.
Both sides have to submit their problems to a mediator(who is usually an attorney-but does not represent either side) and the mediator leads a discussion between the parties to facilitate an agreement. The mediator stops all arguing and pushes forward matters that are plainly not being solved.
The mediator then writes a report and gives it to the judge. The report says what was agreed on and what wasn't. AND ALSO THE MEDIATOR GIVES AN OPINION of who is willing to work and who is causing the problems.

SOOO it's hugely going to be responsible for changing the CO.

In the past I've helped my husband by tapping him on the leg when he is raising his voice, or clearing my throat when he needs to shut up because he is seeming aggressive instead of willing to negotiate. Twice we have done this and twice he has THANKED me and said he wouldn't have been able to do it without me.

QueenBeau's picture

I would have done the same thing I am not above calling someone & finding out exactly what is up. Your husband is hiding something - even if it's not sex he may be having an emotional affair. I think you handled it perfectly.

not2sureimsaneanymore's picture

Um. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then 99.999999% chance it's a duck. Or an effed up goose but close enough.

What 'm trying to say is that he IS without a doubt, cheating on you--be it physically or emotionally.

Obviously they're both going to lie so confronting them really doesn't do anything except confuse you. I recommend you let him know the next time he receives and deletes a message from her, you're out. And you knowhow to find out from the phone bill. I'm so sorry you're going through this but I'd walk without even letting him explain if it was me.

SMof2Girls's picture

It's possible nothing physical has happened .. so he's dancing a fine line of what he thinks is still okay. What he's doing is wrong but he's trying to justify it in his mind.

Good move on the therapy appointment. Relationships are tough without trust.

omgsaveme's picture

FUCK THAT !!!!! AmIWicked you are a saint, cause I would have flipped my shit !!!!!! If they work together Id go down to his work and let her know she better back the fuck off and Id kick your husbands ass. Im pissed for you and I don't even know you.

Many moons ago, we had one of my DH's many crazy ex stalkers, bugging the heck out of us, someone texted from one of those free online text sites that you can't track and started saying stupid random stuff like, " when are we going to have sex again" and" I had so much fun with you the other night" my DH at that time never went ANYWHERE without me, but at first I reacted and went off on my DH, later after texting the idiot through her random web site text address, she couldn't come up with any facts or any proof and looking at my DH phone logs showed nothing.

I would kick her ass and his ass….to make SURE nothing happens.

Excuse me french.

AmIWicked's picture

OH AND I FORGOT TO ADD

THE ULTIMATE KICKER THATS PISSING ME OFF NOW THAT I'M THINKING ABOUT IT!

We are both supposed to be baptized into our new religion/church on sunday,...as in less than 48 hours from now!!!

omgsaveme's picture

And you definitely need to let her know that she needs to back off, thats the nicest mistress/wife conversation Ive ever seen in my life.

How dare he, and its the holidays ??? Can you give her 100 bucks ???? I would stomp on his deflated penis, and he needs to call her and end it. Watch he doesn't go buy a throw away phone to keep in contact with her, it seems like you are not thinking divorce so I would cut this crap with them now.

EDITED to remove my foul language.

AmIWicked's picture

YES EXACTLY!!!

And this was before he even got to work in the morning,.... SO HE HAD TO HAVE CALLED HER FROM HIS WORK CELL AND TOLD HER NOT TO TEXT HIM TODAY THAT HE DIDN'T HAVE HIS PHONE WITH HIM!!!!!!!!!!

princessmofo's picture

I'm sorry but the texting at 10 p.m., 12 a.m., and 5 a.m. are all really BIG RED FLAGS to me. Especially if that is out of character for your husbands sleep schedule. I've been in forests less shady than this situation. I encourage you to safe guard your bank account and prepare for the worst. I would even go so far as to watch when he leaves work to see if he walks out with her. Body language reveals a lot when words lie...

omgsaveme's picture

Yes and this nasty skanky chick is trying to get someones husband ! When I was younger I did not appreciate marriage as much as I do now. He is TAKEN, she needs to get her own. I would feel so nasty and dumb to touch someone else's husband, don't women like that realize how stupid they look ???

Hes not leaving his wife for you, he has sex with you and goes home to his family, 95 percent of the time these woman are just a hole to empty in, the same as a trash can. He is going to drop you when he gets tired of you, he's not in love with you.

How disgusting, what an asshole. The deceit is what kills me, he was calling her while you were asleep in the next room ????

AmIWicked's picture

He was texting her while I was asleep in the next room. He has always stayed up late watching tv.

The phone calls I saw on the bill were at 5:30PMish and 8:30PMish Both on this past wednesday, OUR GAME NIGHT!

Every wednesday we turn off the tv and play games.
THIS wednesday we invited his parents over.

My husband had told me earlier in the week that he would neeed to stya late wednesday night but would be home by 6 for game night.
I stopped and got pizza, and soda and got home about 5:45pm, right before his parents showed up....
MY HUSBAND WASN'T home yet (he gets off at 3:30pm normally!)

His parents left by 8pm and we put the kids to bed and then I went to bed...

THEN he called her again! After just speaking to her 3 hours earlier!!!!

Him coming home late is what you're annoyed about? Honey, what about the possibility he was doing the horizontal tango with her while staying at work "late"?

Calling her after or receiving a call is often just to boost his ego for doing a "good job." Ugh. This is pissing me off. I'd also like to kick his ass for you.

Next time he stays at work "late", go to his work and see what's going on.

omgsaveme's picture

my DH cheated on all his exes before me, he has never cheated on me……yet ! However him and his ex wife were swingers…. so suffice it to say I was pretty much his first "serious" relationship. He cheated all over BM but that was 20 something years ago. The beginning of our relationships was a whole lot of STEPS on what I did not find acceptable.

If he did, he would not be walking out of the house , he'd be limping.

Disneyfan's picture

He's cheating and the woman knows about you.

Why else would he give her a heads up about the phone? I'm sure he didn't call any other friends or family members to let them know he didn't have his phone. What's so special about this woman that he just had to tell her?????

windee's picture

I just so agree with Just.his.wife. Always agree with her. Too funny!!! Smile

StepKat's picture

DH and I were thinking about doing this, especially if we have to deploy again. We can wear our wedding bands in a combat zone (understandable). I never have to worry about DH cheating because BM cheated on him and he knows I would hunt him down }:)

AmIWicked's picture

he has a very old dumb phone, it can't message forward, or even hold more than 50 calls or texts inbound or outbound...

ctnmom's picture

Why would you waste your time? Once the trust is gone, forget it. No trust= no marriage.

Not Happening's picture

I am so sorry you are going through this.

You should really think about getting in the car and going to the bank. Withdraw half.

When he finds out you called this chick (does he know already?), he probably won't be happy. He knows he was wrong, otherwise he wouldn't have hidden their "friendship." Watch out for gaslighting. "She's a co-worker", "she's a struggling single mother", "we are just friends." Whatever.

I'm so sorry your husband is an ass.

omgsaveme's picture

Time to by him a new phone, but he will most definitely be texting her from work phone or calling. I am so pissed for you, that really irks me, the sneaky bullshit.

Igiveupsotornupinside's picture

Oh no, I am so sorry you are going through this. I give you props for calling her up and confronting both of them but I think there is cheating going on whether emotional or physical. I would request a paper copy of your phone record from Verizon. I think there is a way (not sure, I know police can do it, but unsure if you can) to get a copy of all texts that were sent. Then you could see what was all said. I don't know if you want to know what was all said as it could end your marriage, I don't know. Not much advice except hugs sent.

You are far more calm then I am, I would have went to his work and showed my face to her, probably ripped her face off and then beat him up...I know not very Christian of me...I have a temper! I saw you mentioned you were getting baptized with him in less then 48 hours. I am so sorry, I can just imagine what you feel, my DH and I got baptized together and it was a really special moment in our lives. I feel for you because he has jeopardized the special moment with you. Maybe reschedule it? I would because you don't want to look back at your baptism and remember it like this. I don't know. This is just horrible. I hope for your sake it only got as far as emotional so that maybe some therapy will help you with this and help him to realize he is being an ass.

AmIWicked's picture

nope, no response after that, that's why I called....
she hasn't sent anything to his phone since I called her this morning

windee's picture

I hope you can find your peace in all of this. Just wanted to let you know that you are thought of by all of us and that you can come here anytime to vent. Wish there were some magical works of wisdom I had for you that would solve all of your problems. I wish you the best.

omgsaveme's picture

You gotta find out how long they have been talking and if thats all its been is talking.If its new I think he's just testing the waters. Is she younger than him ? Is he excited cause some dumb twit is giving him attention? Men always want their egos stroked, pathetic. You need to make yourself known to her and (if you are staying) let her know you aren't going anywhere. She's a dumb slut

princessmofo's picture

I have to say, given my affinity for finding anything and everything out, (I admit I have major trust issues) I would be sitting in his work parking lot right now with a cup of coffee and binoculars. I would be waiting to see what happened when he came out. I would be tailing my own husband. I'd want to know if "the other woman" left the same time as him. I'd also be finding a way to go through everything. Including his car. Men are not as clever as they think. They usually leave things in obvious places. Check his trunk, glovebox, console, you name it. I'd also check credit or debit card receipts. You can pull up the transactions online and they will show where and when they were used. In addition, you can get a gps tracking system for his car, unbeknownst to him, for a reasonable price. If his cell phone is older you can "plant" spyware into it. It's relatively easy and cheap. My favorite and the most reliable I've encountered is "WebWatcher". It may sound excessive but knowledge is power... I'd want to know what he was up to.

omgsaveme's picture

I second that, before I went through my Dhs phone checked his cell records, his emails, hacked into his other email, loved onto his Facebook. twitter, you name it I had it. Now I don't even bother cause he's pretty easy to tell when he's lying.

I would start doing some serious digging, and like someone else said, get those pictures. Does he have a sim card, could it be saved on their ? Can you go on Verizons web site and pull up images ?

Anon2009's picture

I'm so sorry you're going through this (((HUGS)))

1. "I asked him about it and he said there is nothing going on. That they are friends." That's what many people in his predicament say when they know they're in danger of being caught.

2. The chat you had with his new "friend" proves that you are a saint. I'd have called her a few filthy names.

3. If he ever has the audacity to ask you to help him in matters relating to his ex-wife, tell him he has a lot of friends who can help him, including this newfound friend of his.

ctnmom's picture

I have been married 30 years to a movie star handsome man. I look like a cross between Carly Simon and Rachael Ray. I'm not a dog but not beautiful- often people who meet DH for the first time are shocked that he picked me lol. I told him early in our marriage that if he ever fell for someone else to have the courtesy to tell me, at the time we lived in a small, gossipy town. I could never, ever do the things you guys describe- follow him, confront the woman- I would just be like "deuces, out". Then I'd take every last dime of his money. Blum 3

AmIWicked's picture

I did not stay at work today. I couldn't focus and it was affecting me.

So I am at home.

My husband just came home.(riding with a coworker, they occasionally carpool)

He came in shocked to see me. (It was 1pm, he doesn't get off work til 3:30pm-and today he was working an hour away from us).

I asked him why we was home.
He said there was a meeting in the main office today at 2pm, they had to leave early. He asked "4pm?"
and I said yes, he said "I'll be there"
he tried to hug me but I didn't take my hands out of my pocket and I just said "ok"

He is acting like there is NOTHING WRONG, and it is just pissing me off more!!!!!!!!

AmIWicked's picture

Also I would add, that they carpooled HERE to our house from their work site,... but I just looked out the window and saw that they took separate vehicles to the main office,...

The main office is in the same town as our therapist,... I would have thought he would have me pick him up from the meeting at work to go to the appointment. But now we will be driving separate cars to the therapist and separate cars home,.......

...he didn't even tell you he got off work early?

Am I nuts or is that something I usually communicate to my spouse and him to me?

omgsaveme's picture

AmIWicked, I can not believe how calm you are. Are you always this calm and cool, have you ever flipped your shit on DH ? I think one of the many factors of why both my not wanting to cheat on DH and him not wanting to cheat on me is fear. I seriously think my DH would kill me if he found out I was cheating, and I most definitely would hurt him, horribly.

Flip out, get wild and crazy, hit him with a wine bottle. Do you live out near me? I need to start hanging out with you.

In all seriousness I am very sorry you are going through this and hope this ends very quickly and they break it off.

IAMGOOD's picture

okay. I have a serious problem with your post. Why waste a perfectly good bottle of wine on this jerk. Don't hurt him. Out smart him. Guilt is a beautiful thing too in going thru a divorce. While they are in "paradise" with their new love you can get what you want thru a a mediator. Slam dunk him.

(((hugs))) I do feel terrible for you too. Been there, done there, seen that. My husband did it two years after I had breast cancer. Talk about feeling rejected. Banging one of his employees.

omgsaveme's picture

LOL that is so true, yes as the other poster said empty the wine or she could drink it first.

IAMGOOD's picture

I am sorry but this is how i caught my first husband cheating on me. 17 years of marriage and yup!!! He IS cheating on you. If he hasn't had sex with her what is worse is that he is IN A RELATIONSHIP with her. Liar, liar pants on fire. Cheaters always lie. You can catch his hands in cookie jar and he will still lie.

I am very sorry.

What you need is to breathe and let's make a plan. Plan!!!! Now let's back off here. Don't say anymore. This sounds blatent and you know it. However, get your ducks in a row. How many kids involved? How old? Do you have a means to support yourslf? Does he make good money? So let's be smart here and KNOW that you probably are going to rift him sooner or later. So you can wait till you are in better position. I would for a legal consult and look at your reality of your situation. Then plan when you can dump him at YOUR CONVENIENCE.

UGGGH

Unfreakingreal's picture

If you feel like you swallowed a peach pit and you are uneasy, you know the answer to your questions. A woman's intuition is her power. Don't ignore it. Also, she answered "found your phone huh?" and then pretended to not know WHO your husband was when you questioned her. THAT is a tell tale sign of a mistress. No mistress wants to get her man in trouble. Dig further, he's cheating.

Merry's picture

Hugs to you. Know you are not alone. I am going through something similar. My DH has a history of emotional affairs. Never anything physical. It's a big ego boost when he makes friends with women and he always, always takes it too far. Flirty emails, secret texts, fb inbox.

And it's all in secret (except that he's too stupid to cover his tracks). He says he doesn't intend to appear available, but when his "friend" kisses him in an elevator or sends him a naked selfie, I'm pretty sure nobody would call this normal friendship. But he plays head games and insists these are "just friends." But some guy come on to me the way he comes on to other women? Oh HELL no.

I ripped him a new one. He's in therapy. I am too angry still to consider couples counseling, but might if he gets his head and heart back into our marriage. I don't want to leave him but I will if this doesn't change. He knows it. I have the means and the strength.

Get the book "Chatting or Cheating." It's not expensive. I didn't find all of it useful, but some of it is and it helped me think more logically than emotionally.

Amber Miller's picture

I would be really hurt if I saw 170+ texts on my DH phone with another woman. He certainly doesn't send that many texts to me so why would it be ok if he exchanged that many texts with someone else? This really appears to be an emotional affair. I am very sorry for you. This isn't an easy problem to face.

snowdrop's picture

Oh boy I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I've been there before,it's been years since I caught my ex in his emotional affair (and later I caught my DH) but I can still feel my stomach, my air, everything drop out of me when I made that discovery. It was awful. My world stopped, I couldn't breathe, I couldn't see straight... it was different with my DH, I was shocked but I learned from the first time and was like a spy, ninja with my DH. Neither way felt good though, the first time I was a shocked hurt, mess. Second time, I turned into a inquisitor and spy.... Sad

My advice is to brace yourself. He's not going to give up information willingly. He may apologize at some point (maybe he already has begun to) and he will swear up and down that the few details he gives you or that you find out on your own, are the extent of what happened with the woman. However slowly you're likely going to get more information... and as you see more parts of the iceberg, it will hurt more. Just when you think you've got a handle on what he did and that you guys are working on it, that he's truly sorry and has come clean, etc BAM you'll learn more. It's a long road when you catch your man having an affair (emotional or otherwise). Brace yourself. Accept that you're not going to know everything that happened. Trust your intuition and don't be afraid to walk away (Even if only temporarily to give yourself time to think).

Slow down your adrenaline if you can. I also called the other woman within a short period after catching her and my ex and made DH call the other woman in my presence. But in retrospect I see that there's no harm in waiting a few days or hours before taking action (any action whether it be calling her, talking to your DH, seeing the therapist, etc). I know you probably feel like your world has been pulled out from under you, you want to figure out what the heck happened and how to make it go back to the way it was. But the truth is that it's already changed going forward, it may not be irreparable, but it has changed and you can't undo that. Take your time, breathe, get your bearings and figure out your next move. take care of yourself. no matter where this goes, there is a journey ahead of you...

much love,
snowdrop

emotionaly beat up's picture

He is cheating, but I'm sure you know that. I agree the night he got home late he was with her. How many other friends does he text like this. And he gave her a heads up not to text or call the phone when you had it. He was covering his arse because he didn't want you to see the kind of texts she was sending. It's not her fault you know, it's his. He's married, he made a commitment to you, not her. Now you know why his ex accused him of cheating. He was. He will deny it of course. Who ever answers when asked if they're cheating, " well, yes, thank you for asking" cheaters are liars by their very nature. And to think he was happy to make a fool out of you by getting a hundred dollars from you to buy her a nice Christmas present.

whatwasithinkin's picture

well let's see ....I am a cheater. Cheated on my first husband, and had an emotional affair with someone during my current marriage,

it went something like this, super handsome, charming man that I have known and worked with for years and I became friends.

we texted and talked constantly. i was having huge issues in my marriage at this time like I was living in hell with my SD who treated me like her slave and DH was not doing a damn thing about it...unhappy wife.

my friend is bipolar, with extreme spots of manic behavior. he and his wife were having issues as well.

we were friends it started out with me telling him all the cons of being divorced with young kids and how he should stay with his wife. by the way he still credits me with the fact that he remained married.

he helped me out by giving different outside view points to my situation.

but there was talk and openness about the physical attraction we felt for each other.

at the height of our texting we could do 200 a day. this went on for three years and finally came to a head in a face to face situation. (we had been out for lunches and stuff plenty of times this time was different)

nothing ever happened between us PHYSICALlY but mentally the deed was already done over the three year span

so knowing who I am and how many times I have traveled this road I would say something is going on it may not be physical but it isnt appropriate either