You are here

Wow, what do you all think of this?

RedWingsFan's picture

Dad definitely spoiled his daughter and "breaks up" with her - what do you guys think of this?

http://www.aol.com/video/father-breaks-up-with-daughter/517685985/?icid=...

Mylilmonsters's picture

It's sweet that he loves her so much, he just needs those new boundaries and to change his way of thinking a little. Some parents see limits as desertion, but the limits are a real act of love. That's why they can be difficult to keep!

Anon2009's picture

I think it'll be a bit of an adjustment for everyone and she probably will rebel for awhile. But I think it will also be a good thing. It'll open up the door for her to find a BF/DH/SO who can and will do these things for her.

I think she may be very pi$$ed off for a long time but she will be happier in the long run because of it. Even if it takes years.

hereiam's picture

I think it's kind of pathetic that it came to this. Parents can love and even spoil their child without the child becoming totally dependent on them.

He made her breakfast in bed and bought her roses and cars. His daughter! Why do these men treat their daughters like girlfriends/wives? I have 2 sisters, my dad was not like this with any of us. I just think it is weird.

omgsaveme's picture

How funny though thats shes the girls mother, can you imagine if it had been one of us. I wouldn't have stayed married. My parents didnt bankroll my life like my DH was doing before I came into the picture.

Orange County Ca's picture

Doing what a kid can do for theirselves is where the line is drawn. I've often wondered why parents think they owe kids things like cars? These parents leave it to the world to punch their kids into reality and instead of mis-spending a five dollar allowance the kid ends up with thousands of dollars of credit card debt.

RedWingsFan's picture

I feel there's nothing wrong with helping a kid get to work, whether it's chipping in for it, or buying it outright and having them make the payment/pay you back.

My parents told me that they'd drive me to work for the first year (from when I was 15 till 16) and whatever money I'd saved from that job, they'd match and that was my car fund for when I got my license. But, I also had to maintain higher than a C in all my classes, continue working part time and pay for my own gas, insurance and maintenance. They could also take my keys at any time they chose and my name did not go on the title until I was 18.

RedWingsFan's picture

Crazy how much insurance is nowadays isn't it? Hell, I have an old Ford Explorer (Lola, she's 13 yrs old) and I pay $120 a month. She's not even worth the amount I pay per year in insurance premiums and if I total her, I still have to pay my $500 deductible. By the time I get a check to replace the total value after paying the deductible, shit it's not even a downpayment on another vehicle!

I love my old truck though. She gets around quite nicely even with a slipping tranny.

RedWingsFan's picture

I thought it was quite ridiculous and just shows how these dads create the mini wives whether it's a step situation or intact family. Crazy.