You are here

Xmas, reversal and a new furbaby!!

goincrazy.com's picture

So I figured I would post an update since I was raging mad about xmas on my last post. I really felt stuck between a rock and a hard spot regarding FDH's kids and Christmas- this is how it went down.
FDH's adult kids and grandkids DID spend the night :sick: I calmed down, we talked about it and I compromised. It was the last year and I was there when he told EVERYONE on Xmas morning that Next year we are doing our own Christmas morning and they can come at 12pm and we will make dinner and open gifts, He ALSO added they would have to help clean up if they wanted Christmas dinner. If they have other plans or can't make it then hopefully we will see them the following year. He also added the explanation that it's not fair that our Christmas morning is rushed because everyone has their own plans and kids have to leave- they are adults and should start their own Christmas morning tradition with their own families.
(Also, FDH warned his stepson about leaving to go to the bar and said he would not put up with it and expects him to be involved on xmas morning- SS didn't leave and was involved, wow!)

We got home from my families, I fell asleep and FDH did the rest of the wrapping and all the stockings Lol I didn't do anything for skids or get them anything! SD16 and FDH's stepson got their dad something which is more then they have ever done before. Of course I didn't get anything and neither did my daughter, I didn't expect anything which is why I didn't buy for them either!

The day after Xmas FDH followed through with his Vas reversal- this has been planned for 1 1/2 years. I wasn't sure if he would follow through but he did. Everything went great, things look good and the surgeon said we have an excellent chance when we decide to have our own. We will see. FDH is doing great, he's laid up but slowly moving more and more each day.

AND

I got a new furbaby!!!! FDH brought him home. I got a new baby boy kitten!!! He's so precious! Makes me happy Smile FDH's kids felt the need to inform us that they weren't "cat people" Good! MAybe they will stay away! }:)

LAst but not least,

AS I predicted, because this is the same cycle we go through around Christmas and her birthday- SD16 has not shown up for her "weekly" visits now that Xmas is over. It was supposed to be a regular Monday, Thursday and saturday or sunday visit- She hasn't been over since Xmas. FDH asked her to come over and "help" him/ keep him company when I went back to work Monday, she originally said she would and never showed up or brought up coming over (not surprised). I refuse to mention it bc as soon as I do he will guilt her into coming over or make a big deal about it just to prove me wrong and I'm just holding onto the peace and quietness thats over my house and guess what??? SD hasn't been over in a week- FDH and I haven't fought in a week.
Things are moving forward at turtle speed but atleast it's in the right direction- for now.

Wishing you all a happy new year- I appreciate all of you and this site that brings us "outsiders" together. We may not always agree but we have all been "there" or will be "there" Skid life is not easy. Cheers to this coming year and us making it better then the last despite those who try to ruin it for us!!! *clink*

thinkthrice's picture

"

I got a new furbaby!!!! FDH brought him home. I got a new baby boy kitten!!! He's so precious! Makes me happy FDH's kids felt the need to inform us that they weren't "cat people" Good! MAybe they will stay away!"

YAAAAY!!! Maybe they will stay away!! Congrats on the cute furbaby! I brought my "baby" home Spring of '07 and he's a BIG BOMBAY now!

goincrazy.com's picture

Thank you! I was devastated when my kitty got hurt and it was too much $ to save him back in Sept. I was really on the fence about ever getting a new cat because he was so special to me I never wanted to feel like I "replaced " him. I probley never would have gotten one if FDH didn't bring him home and I'm so glad he did. My animals give me so much comfort and unconditional love- they truly make me happy!

StepKat's picture

Furbabies make everything better Smile My 3-legged furbaby had an upset stomach last night, but is feeling better today.