You are here

Custody Battle is over, BM says it is "for now."

Halgsmom's picture
Forums: 

WTF does that mean???

a little background: BM lost custody. We filed an Ex parte, it was granted and custody changed to us a year ago. We went back to court 4 times, BM lost every single time. We were supposed to go to trial tomorrow but BM gave up and signed to give us custody with her having visitation with SS and SD gets to choose when she goes or IF she goes. BM lost them due to neglect (medical and otherwise) my SS has some issues that BM did not want to admit and did not get him the help he needed,EXPELLED from school for a very serious thing (rather not say what just in case BM is on here) and SD was failing school and had been for years. BM never wanted to listen to DH and his advice or take his help although offered many times. In all the court hearings we had, BM NEVER said anything bad about our house, just that she didn't want him to have custody. We had YEARS worth of problems at her house, including 3-4 calls to CPS, only one of which came from us.

So, kids are with us. BOTH kids are in therapy, SD is making B honor roll (from failing grades) and SS is thriving in school grades wise and behavior wise. BOTH kids are getting awards every month ect. Both are getting constant medical/dental care ect. SS takes medication daily for his problems (which BM had to agree to give him herself because she was allowing him to get his own medications, he is only Dirol Anyway, the point is: the kids are doing well.

BM thinks she is going to gain custody once again. It is obvious she thinks that by her comment that the case is over "for now." IF nothing changes with the kids and they continue to do so well.... How likely is it that they will ever go back to live with their BM??? If SS did NOT thrive when he was in her care and neither did SD, would they be able to choose to go back at any time even if it would NOT be best for them??? SD has already chosen to stay with us, she is 12 and the Judge let her stay anyway. SS wanted to g back to BM, judge said NO WAY 4 separate times. Would he be able to choose later to go back?

My hope is that he will normalize and realize that her place is horrible and NOT want to go back to live with her. I know they love her, that is not my issue at all, I just do not want to go through this again and want to know the likelihood that it would. Currently, BM cannot even have one of the two kids in her house 4 days a month without child support. YES, we still pay over $300 a month in support for ONE kid of two to be with her for 4 days.