You are here

Income Verification - Real Estate agents?

Stressed19's picture
Forums: 

So my ex (real estate agent) claimed she only made 20,000 in comission.

She is known for fraud and for falsifying legal documents.

Is there a way, I could tequest proof from managing broker????? What is the legal process?

justmakingthebest's picture

Your lawyer can subpoena those documents for a hearing if you are going to go down that route. If you know any other relators they can look her up in the MLS system to see how many houses they closed on in the last few years. You might find out that she sucks and only sold a couple of houses and really did only make that much. 

Rags's picture

Though it may or may not work.

In our case, the Spermidiot was requred by the courts to provide full financial information including tax returns, etc... Nope. All he ever provided was his last 4 pay stubs.

My DW went CPA on his ass when the DA asked her to provide information on the Spermidiot's income. She provided the DA's office with his old tax returns, the information on his employer, the county income distribution charts for licensed plumbers, etc...   The Spermidiot refused delivery of hte summons on several occassions, refused to pick it up from the PO, and ultimately physically ran from the Constable that was serving him for the court summons.   

After DW provided all of her research to the DA, CS went up by nearly 600%.  That brought them screaming, crying and whiing into court.      He claimed to make less than 25% of what licensed plumbers in that market make.  The Judge ruled that him sandbagging his income to avoid CS was not going to happen and ultimately ruled for the 600% increast to be in place for 2yrs then dropped it to 400%.  That  2yrs at the 900% increase was due to his running from the Constable.

Contact an attorney and go after his employer for his pay history if he will not provide his comprehensive tax returns. In our situation, his refusal to provide the subpoenaed income informaiton ended up costing him a ton of money.

Diablo