You are here

Question about stalking

Coltsgirl08's picture

Does anyone know if we can do anything about my hubby's ex driving past my parents house(were we are staying at until we find a place) multiple times a day? She is really getting ridiculous.

MamaBecky's picture

Probably not unless it is a private road. As long as she is only driving by on a public road and is not yelling anything out the window at you or throwing things at your house she is entitled to drive wherever she wants. I know its probably not very helpful to hear but the best thing to do probably is ignore because if you react you will be giving her what she wants...the satisfaction of knowing she is getting to you.

purpledaisies's picture

Nope sorry. I know not what you want to hear but I tried the same thing when bm would sit across from my house to watch me! But I was told there was nothing I could do b/c it was all public like a road she has every right to drive on that road no matter how many times she does it. (although I do have a friend that is an officer and Wink )

Sorry that she is doing that I know it feels like a violation. Be there done that. I'm one of the lucky ones b/c bm sister works for a very well know lawyer here and she is on our side b/c everything bm has done has always been against the law and her sister keeps her at bay by telling her that she can and will lose the boys if she keeps it up. Plus I'm lucky b/c bm's sister has a great head on her shoulders and knows that dh is not the bad guy and only wants what is best for the kids. She is always telling bm to put the kids first.

Anyway sorry for the rant but I don't think there is anything you can or your parents can do unless she goes onto their property. Even then they need a no trespassing sign. Good luck.

stepmasochist's picture

LOL, this was my thought exactly.

Get a bunch of those roofing nails that are kind of short but have a big flat head on them and make a line across the road. Try to do it late at night if she drives past then so you won't get any innocent drive-byers.

PoisonApples's picture

I'd probably stand out in the open and take pictures of her as she drives by a few times.

She might get spooked thinking you are gathering evidence that might be used against her somehow.

She may not even realize that you know she's doing it and it might embarrass her to know how pathetic she looks.

HaveHadIt's picture

Me, personally, I'd call it in as a "suspicious" vehicle. Then play the "OMG, that was YOU??? Sorry. I thought someone was canvassing the neighorhood looking to rob a house. My bad!" card.

Maybe if she has to explain to the police why she is out there several times a day, she'll think twice about doing it. I mean, really, what is she gonna say? "Sorry Officer, I am stalking my ex and his wife??"

Coltsgirl08's picture

The funny thing is my hubby called her hubby(her cell was off WOW) and he was like is Cherry ok?? and her hubby was like yeah, we sold our house and were out looking at houses, no houses down this road are for sale LOL and then i go well dang babe, she sold her house and never told you that THEY are moving thats against guidelines

Rags's picture

As long as she is not violating your parents property, yelling, screaming or assulting anyone there is not much you can do.

Good luck.

Best regards.

oneoffour's picture

Hmmm, tried waving at her? Lining up the entire family with chairs waiting for a parade and make a huge fuss as she drives by?

Plex's picture

Document, document, document--write down the time and date.

Then ignore it.