You are here

42yo sd part 2

Blurod's picture

Confronted stepdaughter about she must say hello when coming into our home to me. Also at a family function her description of me to an eight-year-old grandchild was that I'm a clown. SD says I was just joking.
I informed her that it was unacceptable in both cases.

So today I get a text that I'm interfering with her relationship with her mom. And that when I called her angry I did not want to resolve anything. There was nothing to resolve either say hello or don't come over she doesn't get it.

So I did not text her back I immediately showed it to her mother. She said don't answer her. Also said im 65 years old I'm tired of this. I have been around SD since she was 17 she is now 42 and nothing has changed. I am f..kin done.

So when the whole family was here visiting from out of town as well as SD just went to my room and watched TV. I will no longer subject myself to the treatment. SD even said I haven't done anything for her or her son. I think that's her father's issue not mine.

Wife feels guilty that birth father walked away so she's been trying to make up for this her whole life but I'm done.

The other SD who is 40 treated her son who is now 22 like he was my own she remarried and now has an eight-year-old daughter. When she was born she called me and said what are you going to do for her like you did for my son. I must be crazy f.kin crazy. That they feel like they can speak to me in this way can we say disengagement.

Orange County Ca's picture

With that kind of trash talk going on I would tell my wife that they are not allowed in the house as long as I am in it. If she wants to meet with them elsewhere that's up to her and I would no longer be accompanying her anyplace they're expected.

If their mother refuses I would be watering the front lawn when they're expected and turn the water on them when they arrive. First the car to give them fair warning and then them if they open a car door or window.

Rags's picture

Hopefully you are clear that the issue is your bride right? She is the one that needs clarity and to have a foot up her ass. She needs to shut her toxic spawn down and hard.

Good luck.

Steppy MN2's picture

Wow! Unbelievable! How do they feel so entitled??????? And then treat you like that on top of it!
I'm appalled for you. But also saw this as my future although don't think that will happen because my DH is divorcing me because I refuse to cater to skids. I used to but then realized how ungrateful and selfish they were so I stopped.
Your wife needs to step up for you, however, these people are grown adults and they should know how to treat you decently, with respect and appreciation for everything you have done for them and their Mother. All I can say is WTF!

sandye21's picture

Sorry to hear you are getting a divorce but in my opinion, your DH is doing you a favor. Why would anyone want to waste any more of their life married to a spouse who places the skids above the marriage? Good luck.

Steppy MN2's picture

thanks for the support.........it's sad when they don't see the marriage as #1 but that seems to happen alot evidenced by this site.

Steppy MN2's picture

Really to devote his life to 20 year olds.......well, guess that does sound about right with these men. So did you ever get back together again?