You are here

FINALLY, I was REWARDED for being a GOOD PARENT

hangingin's picture

to my SS!!!
This is for all of you out there that have just about given up HOPE of EVER being recognized and APPRICIATED for all that you have done for your step-kids!!!
Last week my SS (26) called me and personally asked me to please come with his Dad to his house last night, as he wanted all of his family to be there with him when he asked his girlfriend to marry him. I said ALL of us?? He said yes please,I want and NEED you there to share in this with me.I told him (as he well knows)that his Mom and I DO NOT mix well together. He said to do it for him, HD also asked me to do it for SS. So, I went (it was VERY HARD for me, read my earlier posts to understand how GROSS this woman is)we met SS's future in laws, who by the way, are divorced also, and have NO PROBLEMS with each other! SS's future father in law immediately came up to HD and myself and proceeded to tell us (in a booming voice, where EVERYONE could hear ;)) that he is sooo very happy that his daughter had found such a wonderful, well mannered young man, he profusely THANKED us for RAISING such a fine young man, that we have done a WONDERFUL JOB in raising SS, ECT... and then he went over to BM and said hello and WALKED OFF!!!! You could see how her mouth just about fell open! I found out later that SS had met up with future FIL and offically asked him for his daughter's hand in marriage, he also talked truthfully about who raised him and how he came to be the man he is today. We then went into the house and witnessed him propose. Of course she said yes and then there were hugs, ect.. he then came over to me and hugged me really hard and thanked me for loving him (right in front of BM)we then went out to eat as a group, of course, HD & I sat at the far end of the table AWAY from BM. Future FIL sat next to me and the new couple with future MIL & her HD across from us and SD sat down at the end of the table with BM and her husband.
It took everything in me to sit at the same table with BM, but I did it. I heard later (from SD's boyfriend) that BM was PISSED OFF that he did not aknowledge her AT ALL.
So, yes there is HOPE for us SP's that raise and love our stepkids without expecting anything in return.
hangingin

byebye's picture

W

hangingin's picture

and BM stayed in bed ALL DAY the next day, poor baby had a raging headache! hee hee!!;)
I guess someone stole her thunder!!
hangingin

hangingin's picture

HD had all of those guilt feelings, still does to some degree,especially with SD! But he seems to have a handle on most of it now Smile

hangingin