You are here

HOW DO YOU PROTECT YOUR ASSESTS FROM GREEDY STEP KIDS?

jazzy131's picture

PLEASE HELP !! LOTS OF ADVICE NEEDED !!!

I NEED TO THE BEST WAY TO PROTECT OUR ASSETS FROM GREEDY STEP KIDS?
WHAT WOULD BE THE FAIL SAFE WAY TO KEEP EVERY THING SAFE?
DO A WILL? NAME WHAT EVERONE IS GETTING SO THEY COULDN'T CONTEST ANYTHING? CHANGE THE PROPERTY INTO OTHER NAMES TO KEEP IT AWAY FROM THEM? SPEND OR SELL ALL OF THE STUFF? PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU OPINION IS?

Anon2009's picture

Detail who will be getting stuff in your will. Leave those who you don't want getting anything out of your will. I think doing a will is your best bet. Do your own individual will.

Rags's picture

A will is the way to go. Make each other the sole heir and beneficiary. In the event of your joint demise set up a trust for the people you want to have access to your estate.

In our will we wanted to protect our estate from benefiting the SpermClan in any way. In the event of our joint demise our estate goes in to trust for our Son (SS) until he graduates from an accredited college or university with a BS or age 40 whichever comes first.

The estate to be executed by my Dad and my Brother with instructions that under no circumstance can our Son's SpermClan benefit from our estate. When it distrubutes to him then he can choose to do with it as he pleases. Hopefully by the time he finishes college or turns 40 he will have learned enough about his worthless SpermDonor gene pool to not waste our hard earned estate on any of those toothless dipshits.

So, use an attorney to develop a will that meets your requirements. Whatever those may be.

Good luck and best regards,

Success is rarely final. Failure is rarely fatal. It is character, courage and consistency of effort that count. Vince Lombardi (with some minor Rags modifications) To each according to their performance, screw Karl Marx. (Rags)

StepChicka's picture

My grandfather left 1 dollar to a daughter he never raised and apparently never spoke of because my family never knew of this other child until he passed. By leaving a little something you've acknowledged their existence therefore they cannot contest the will as being forgotten. Not to mention a rude awakening.

anita...sigh's picture

All good advice on top of holding everything jointly in both names. That way the asset doesn't form a part of the estate at all.

We all smile in the same language

giveitago's picture

After I die they can do whatever they want with the assets!! Hehehehe if I could 'watch' and see once I am gone it would be quite comical. We have six kids between us. It's a big old house here and they could have a room each??