You are here

Hubby wants SD to move back in AND MIL!

elelyon07's picture

it's been almost a year since i've been on this website & things have been really good until this week. i haven't had to live w/SD this entire year, had my baby, my oldest daughter moved out, yea for her! Now there's drama w/my hub's family &he told them they cud move in w/us w/out even talking to me about it first. I can't stand MIL or SD,MIL is the reason SD is such a DUMB, spoiled brat.Hubby had been talking about them moving in more and more this past week
, meanwhile i was getting sicker & sicker to my stomach at the thought, till i could bare the physical illness no longer, i became depressed also at the thought. SD put me thru a lot of hell during my pregnancy.
i had added stress & the baby was born w/a heart defect. Me& hubby have come so far as a couple since she has not lived w/us. So, i finally told hubby last night that i DO NOT want to live w/anymore adult children, i'm finished, I can't and i especially don't want to live w/Autumn, SD.
I also told him that his mother is insane (prescription drug abuser)& i don't want to live w/that insanity.
Hubby & i are both in recovery, he's been clean for 7 years & i've been active in Alanon for 9 years & our programs teach us that we are not supposed to get overly involved w/the addicts in our lives, it's not good for our recovery. so i merely did what my program teaches me to do, say no when i mean no, instead of being a people-pleaser & saying yes to something I really don't want to do. I also explained to him that my relationship w/his daughter has been strained because of what SHE did, not me. She stole from me, lied to us,over-flowed the swimming pool & flooded the entire back yard, then blamed it on the pool man, who in turn was FIRED from his job, stole from my children, tried to drive a wedge between me & hubby,put me thru hell during my pregnancy & has never tried to make an amends to me by at least saying she was sorry, or taking any responsibility for her actions. I simply stated the facts, and in order to keep my side of the street clean, i wroter he letter, apoligizing about how things worked out between us. Till this day, she has never responded to me, however, i didn't expect it.
My husband was hurt, of course,and defensive at first & so I took the baby out in her stroller for a walk becuz i needed some time alone, as this conversation was very difficult for me to have for him. When i came back, he assured me that his mother & daughter would not be moving back in w/us, that they were adults & could work it out for themselves, his mother has her own money...he must have called his sponsor and I'm SURE his sponsor tore into his a$$ and told him what the RIGHT thing to do is. Thank God! Cuz i had been talking to my sponsor also a lot this past week and she kept telling me that i needed to have this conversation w/him, he needs to know WHO I am, I needed to do it for myself. And Hubby's STEP-MOM, who is a BLACK BELT ALANON, told me the same thing. I'm so glad that I got the courage to do it, otherwise I'd probably be living w/hell in my house right now!!!

Jsmom's picture

Good job. Reading your post, I couldn't get over the number of past and present alcoholics and drug users in your life. What an accomplishment for you and your DH to overcome it with that many undue influences.