You are here

I just told DH he should move w/SD and leave me here

Shannon61's picture

Good grief. SD came in, and DH started going on about . . oh she got her new place and she's moving out to get away from me. I then said "maybe you should move w/her and leave me here to rent the place out." He shusshed me and got embarrased. I was only joking of course.

I simply have to do a better job of keeping my mouth shut and pretend I'm not disgusted about it. Is it just me? Or is this pathetic to you as well? He's acting liks she's 18 and headed to college or something. She's damn near 30! Come on now. It's sickening! I'll have to do better on moving day.

twopines's picture

When my DH starts trying to butt into SD26's life, I ask him what HE was doing at 26. He has to grudgingly agree that he was married with one child, and living in another state. He never would have allowed his mommy to fawn all over him like he was 12.

Maybe if you try that? I dunno. Sometimes these guys are just silly.

Shannon61's picture

It's ridiculous. At SD's age, DH was already married. Does the coddling ever stop? And the sad thing is that I think SD enjoys it. Not sure who is more pathetic. :jawdrop:

twopines's picture

It's a strange dance for sure.

I got lucky in that SD26 wanted to be independent since the womb, and I've made sure she'd rather die than ask to live with us.

Maybe we could switch, and I can work on your SD? Wink

Shannon61's picture

I just don't have any respect for her being an adult. Doesn't she know how weak and immature this makes her look? She's still a little girl as far as I'm concerned. If I weren't here, SD wouldn't be moving and would likely ask DH if her fiance could move in while they saved for the wedding. He'd agree of course . .even though he denies he'd allow it.

Now SD is giving me glaring looks. Like I give a s!@. I want to tell her to grow up and tell him to let go! They're both going to need sedatives on moving date at the rate their going. It's not healthy.

I wish you could work on SD . . because DH's has her so coddled that he's ruined her as far as I'm concerned.

buttercookie's picture

Pretty much what I had to tell my DH to get him to wake up!!! Stick to your guns this is not a child its a grown woman who should have been on her own for a while now.

Madamx28's picture

The thing is, I don't think she cares if she looks weak and immature, as long as she's living cheaply, comfortably and has money to do what she wants to do, then she'll put up with it. People like her (and my SS) just suck it up for the benefit of their own big picture.

purpledaisies's picture

WHy?? No need to keep your mouth shut! I'd say it like it is, He is acting like a fool! LOL

He knew you were right when he shushed you and he got embarrassed. I'd just keep it up every time he said something or acted like she is his wife! He should be helping her move and be happy for her! Sheesh where do some of these guys come from thinking that an almost 30 yr old ADULT should still be living at home like a kid???

Shannon61's picture

She was a moocher until I put my foot down. She has to have at least 200 pair of shoes. I brought that gravy train into the station.

DH is acting like a damn fool to be precise. I think they're both going to break down and cry on moving day. I'm considering making myself unavailable that day because I know I'm going to be repulsed by DH's behavior. On another note, I don't want to give her the satisfaction of missing the look on her face.