You are here

My marriage is over after 7 months....SD had a HUGE impact!!!!

newwife2010's picture

Hi All...
It's super official, my 7 month marraige is over and my SD (22) had a HUGE impact on us splitting up!! She started texting me about a week ago, telling me her Dad didn't love me anymore and that I was out looking for my next "Sugar Daddy." HA HAHA HAAAAAA!! Her Dad was no sugar daddy and I paid for most of everything in our relationship. She also said she was glad God didn't give me working "girl parts" and that she was even happier that her father didn't impregnate me because my child would be a bastard child if I were to have a child. She doesn't know what that means obviously... She went on to say that I was jealous of her Mom's relationship with her Dad and that I didn't understand the "bond" a mother and father have because I have no children. She also said I kept my parents away from her because I had an "incestuous" relationship with my brother and I was hiding that!! WOW!!! She was mad that my DH's Mom said my brother was attractive and I said, yea..he's hot. My brother is attractive, so what?? My family is mad at her accusations and defamation of character.
What is wrong with this man? He is believing her and has kicked me to the curb to appease her. He called me tonight and said I "pushed him" to get married!!! I didn't push him, he asked me at Christmas and then asked me to get married when we went thru Vegas 3 months later!! I asked him if he was sure he wanted to get married and he said yes!! I also said that there would be times that we don't like each other but we will always love each other and he agreed!! Tonight he called me and said I pushed him into getting married and he didn't want to get married! THEN WHY DID HE PROPOSE AND MARRY ME??? SD was pissed when we got home and found out we got married...it was all down hill from there with her. She was on a mission to get me out from that day forward!!!
He said that I was the one that was the drama and his daughter and her issues (drug abuser, new baby, baby daddy with no education, etc....)weren't the problem?!!
Is blaming me for the problems in his life and her the way he deals with the crap? How is it OK for SD to treat me with so much evil and hatred? His whole family is backing her and her "truths" about me! She lies and he says I'm the one that brings the BS to the table??? I understand that she is his daughter, but how can he just kick me to the curb and act like she is the angel? She is an evil bitch that is so excited that her Dad is free and I just found out her Mother's boyfriend dumped her as well. She wants her Mom and Dad back together at 22 years old?!!
I know this is about him and NOT so much about the daughter...the garbage I dealt with is so amazing and drama-filled it' not even funny.
The last thing I said to him, besides "get the documents done and to me" was..."I didn't bring the drama to your life, you fathered the drama."
Needless to say, it's over and I'm moving on....just needed to vent and let others know that if your DH is really married to his daughter...it's OK to leave!!! I have suffered for so long and he blamed me for his issues!!! I am strong and I will make it!

instantfamily's picture

"I didn't bring the drama to your life, you fathered the drama."
Truer words were never spoken! I'm so sorry you're going through this, but that apple did not fall from that crazy family tree and it seems that in your beginnings of your relationship with this jerk you didn't catch on to the signs. What a dick. The good news is, you'll soon be rid of him! Ask for an annulment, they seem quicker and cheaper and less labor intensive from what I've heard. Basically a marriage mulligan so you can say, "no, I'm not divorced!" Smile and move on as though this particular nightmare didn't happen.

newwife2010's picture

Do you think I can get an annulment? I mean, it was Vegas!! I just want it over and I want to get on with my life without his BS.

instantfamily's picture

From EHow:
Reason to Choose Civil Annulments
The primary reason to choose civil annulment versus divorce is that the proceedings tend to be somewhat less messy than divorce proceedings often become.

Read more: Annulment vs. Divorce | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5438378_annulment-vs-divorce.html#ixzz14CCvBH2C

I by no means offer professional advice, but from what I've heard and it's easy enough to Google, annulment is a good alternative and essentially makes the marriage 'null and void' in the eyes of the court and church, etc. I dunno- I'd look into it especially since you've not been married that long.

newwife2010's picture

We have nothing together and we aren't splitting anything up. I have already moved out of his house, sold the ring and I am staying with friends until things calm down.
Civil annulment means through the courts? I don't think I can do that in WA state. I will look into it though...he's claiming he will have the papers ready for me to sign when he gets back from working in AZ in a couple of weeks.
He is claiming I conned him into marrying him! He asked me and asked again in Vegas!! I didn't talk him into anything! He is blaming me for all of this! He just said his daughter is the honest one and I am the liar! I never lied to him about anything! WOW!! This is really twisted. Anyone have any insight into this? Is he just blaming me for the marriage breaking up? I am so confused! Who is this man?

newwife2010's picture

I have the lawyer!!! Smile I know better than to trust this jerk. He took me for thousands..I am OK, but no more!!!

I am sad, confused, hurt and just don't get any of this....who is this man? How can an SD have so much impact on a man? I know she is his daughter, but she outright lied about me and said terrible things to get me out of his life. He has always believed this drug addict, evil, vendictive, nasty bitch!! I finally told him what I truly thought of her because it no longer matters. He lost the best thing he ever had! ME!!!!! How can a man's priorities be so screwed up over a messed up 22 year old?
Just totally confused!!!!

Most Evil's picture

Wow, that is terrible - I am glad you are dumping his *ss! Let him kiss the princess's ass while you are free to meet an adult, who is not led by a 'child'! F him!!!!

LizzieA's picture

What a total idiot. The next woman who comes along is going to be subjected to that too. He's going to die alone.

skylarksms's picture

I know it hurts now but sometime, somewhere you are going to be GRATEFUL that this marriage broke up.

Take care of yourself.

steptwins's picture

Rose Colored Glasses? I also fear the boot if I create "waves". At 14 years old they aren't getting better/more respectful to me either. They all are used to instant gradification/entitlement. Things I know nothing about nor desire. I love to work hard & see results whether it be at work, home, or the gym. I do it for a sense of accomplishment & pride. I am the only one in the house this way though, square peg in round hole fits here. Swins are ranting how hard it is to clean up after the puppy, complaining they have to come home to be with their puppy. Typical kids I know but its only day 4 and these skids don't even flush the toilet so obvious the bar is set pretty low! DH should have known better than to think they'd be responsible but he sees everything through his rose colored glasses.