You are here

OMG DH asked if SD and family can come over for dinner this weekend.

20YearsAsAStep-Mom's picture

After the nasty invite for DH only to go on vacation, and DH WENT to visit her and gkids last weekend, now he wants then to come over for a big dinner.

Is he mental? WTH is wrong with him,I don't understand him . He wants to pretend it never happened. I am so pissed off right now. I can't believe he even asked me. Dumb ass.

mannin's picture

Tell him no or you'll leave and won't be present for the dinner. If he isn't going to stick up for you and maintain that, then you need to do it for yourself.

He's ridiculous.

Amber Miller's picture

I would prepare haggis. Then as I serve it I would give a detailed description of what it is.

Amber Miller's picture

Oh my God, I just looked up Rocky Mountain oysters; what a great idea! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. I learned something new today! I love it. This would make a great appetizer. Let them dig in and then tell them what it is. Brilliant aswang!

Orange County Ca's picture

He is totally oblivious to what is going on. If you want to be nice tell him you're not cooking. If you don't let him discover that you're not cooking on the day of the visit. Do you have a Boston Restaurant where you live? They have complete meals to go for any number of people. Expensive for me but you can direct him to the nearest one.
Tell him you'll be eating yours at the restaurant and get the rest to go.

sandye21's picture

If SD doesn't want you to be included in 'family' vacations, then she should not be welcome in your home - and you have the legal right to demand this. I would tell DH, "I will NOT be leaving to accommodate SD and the visit will NOT be pleasant for anyone." If he doesn't like it HE can leave. It's almost like he gets some sadistic thrill out of upsetting you. Your DH IS a dumb a$$. You deserve better than this.

whatamess's picture

I can't believe he would have the balls to ask this! I mean, seriously?! I know I would be beside myself pissed!! WTH?

20YearsAsAStep-Mom's picture

Luckily SD & family are not coming to our house. While DH was visiting on the weekend though, they must have discussed her coming up our way, (we live 2.5 hours away). We still have our vacation property which we are trying to sell and they are going to stay there, obviously DH said sure !

So the dinner would be them coming from the cottage over to our house which is only 10 minutes away.

I already told him NO WAY about the dinner, and said I can't even look at SD right now let alone eat a meal in her company - even at a restaurant.

He also plans on spending "as much time as he can with the gkids" that is his excuse to see SD all weekend. I am quite sure he is not going to be playing and talking to the GKIDS for 8-10 HOURS a day all weekend.

Anyway, I don't know how other longtime SM's do this. Being hated and excluded and DH is oblivious or ignores the rude SD. I just can't wrap my head around this really. Makes me feel bad and sad that DH just doesn't seem to care about my feelings.

MarselleB's picture

My good friend was married 15 years. Hated her two grown step kids, couldn't stand the problem gkids either. Her husband was a BIG jerk. The only reason she stayed with him was because he made a lot of money, and it would be a big financial hit if she divorced him. He would TELL her he's having a B Day party for his grand kids, because his no good daughter's condo was too small. So they would all come over, kids and all, his family and there wasn't anything she could do about it.

He even tried to talk her into selling their big house, so he could give some of the equity to his kids. He didn't want everything to go to her. On top of that, if the bio mom had a party....he would go and make her go. I told her to say no, but when she did he would have a fit etc.

Finally the best thing she did was go home to see family, and she met a old boyfriend from college. Well one thing led to another, and she left her creepy husband...and started a whole new life.

My point is, if it's that bad you can start another whole life...why put up with all that. There are people out there that will treat you better.

sandye21's picture

I agree - there are other (and better) fish in the sea. I still think he is getting some sort of sadistic thrill out of upsetting you.

Valeria's picture

That is just unreal. Hugely disrespectful and dismissive of your feelings. He wants SD to come over so she can treat you like crap in your own home? Does he enjoy watching her do that to you? I am so angry for you right now.