You are here

Step Fathers

Isolated's picture

Just interested to know if there are any SFs' posting on here or is it all SMs'? Surely there must be some SFs' out there with the same issues....BMs' putting there kids first in their relationships. If so, how come it doesnt tear them up the way it does us? Are men and women really sooooo different?

teristepmom's picture

yes there is. And yes they are. Would trade with you in a heartbeat and i am one of the girliest girls you will ever meet. bur dear lord it would be worth it to get some peace!

Poodle's picture

Yes, I've found posts from lots of them on the first two pages of the adult stepchildren forum. Very interesting and supportive, shows it is not actually necessarily such a gender issue as I had thought.

Isolated's picture

Thanks goforit that was an interesting read. Have copied and pasted below the post I made in that forum so I can get some feedback on it.

“Same here, but we have to be fair about this. Women can be just as guilty as men of almost everything in life. Still, I think women bear the brunt of it because (and I apologise if this offends anyone) I dont think men were meant to be parents in the true sense of the word. Its the Mothers who do the bulk of the day to day raising of the children therefore they cotton on to kids tricks and manipulations fairly quickly, and get jack of it just as quickly. Over years they become amune to the "I hate you cos you wont give me what I want, youre the worst parent in the world", so learn not to take the emotional blackmail too much to heart. Men on the other hand, when suddenly faced with having to parent full time, cant deal with it. And most men's egos are such that if their child says they hate them when they dont get their own way just fall to pieces. Its far more important for men to be loved by their kids than do the hard yards early, be patient, and wait for their kids to become the mature adults they need to be in order to appreciate the lessons they learned from being taught respect, manners, and the work ethic they need to be productive members of society after Daddy is dead and gone and no longer there to rescue them any more”.