You are here

husbands guilt affecting our relationship

polly bloom's picture

my husband has 2 older kids - 24 & 30.  we have a good relationship with lots of compatibility and love between us. my problem is his eldest daughter. i get quite jealous when i hear him call her ‘darling’ all the time & ‘i love you’ (aka i need you) at the end of every call. just now i’m fuming after a fight about him answering his phone to her while we were cuddling up & siestering & talking.  he got super (i mean super!) defensive when i told him i found it rude to answer his phone while we were relaxing. he got super angry then all this stuff about it being my issue with his daughter got thrown at me. i told him if i’ve got a problem with his daughter that it’s because of his actions & probably stupidly said that i’m sick of not coming first. he flew off the handle. we got in tit for tat useless stuff. but i’m now fuming and feel i could just walk away. the othe thing is he spent 2K each on his daughters for xmas, i was gifted a massage, & the other night at dinner he claimed he had no cash to pay for it - we usually go halves. i just feel so angry & have gone for a drive for time to cool down. any wise counsel out there on how to deal with this? i fear it’s only gonna get worse!