You are here

anyone in my situation

fallingApart85's picture

hi i just want to know if there is anyone out there in the same situation as me . i have a 2yr old daughter,4yr old son,I have a 2 step sons that are 4,and two,we have the his kids one week on and the other week they stay with there bio mother. My partner works fulltime and i look after the kids. Just want to know how other people are handling things that are in the same situation as me .cheers thanks Smile

shellbell's picture

I'm in the same boat just with kids a bit older. I have ds11,dd8,ss13,ss10,sd9. dh works and I'm home with the kids, we get them the first two weeks of summer and then every other week after that. Mine are older so its probably a little easier to keep them occupied, although they probably complain a lot more than little ones. I just try to find activities they can do, they are pretty good at entertaining themselves. I've been doing this stay at home mom/smom thing for 3 summers now and it is a lot better now than it was that first summer. Good luck to you.

fallingApart85's picture

Thankyou for sharing your situation with me ,its nice to know that there are simlar parents out there in a simlar situation ,i guess its hard , cos one week on and one off trying to get the four kids in the car and them justing running a muck,the ages im dealing with 2 two yr olds and 2 4 yr olds.