You are here

I just don't understand ??!

Crazy_Psycho's picture

I don't understand why I feel like so down. I have two step kids who I get along with great. .a boy and a girl. My partner and I have an amicable relationship with his ex who has never caused any trouble for us. But I just feel so low resentful and bitter all the time. Ive got into my head that my dp won't be bothered or excited for us to have children as hes already got one of each and has done everything before. He split from his ex when dd was 1 and before ds was born (she tried to gt pregnant in a bid to save their relationship). Hes had them over noght once a week due to his work k schedule so I know he hasn't been a full time dad to them and had missed a lot of things. Its silly things like going to the park or buying dsd a doll or buying dss a truck or taking them to play centres I just don't like it cos I want something new for my dp when we have a baby. Im scared incase dp is not excited as I am for when have childrena and dp stuff with them Did anyone else feel like this?

Crazy_Psycho's picture

I have spoken to him and told him how I feel. He always reassured me that he would love children of our own as he wants to be a full time dad. He obviously missed/misses alot with his two dc now and wants to have a stanle family. My dp did not love his ex and both children were traps if you like to get him to stay. So pur child would be the first child hes actually planned. My dp does not reassure me anymore now as he always says therea nothing more he can say. And to be honest hes right Sad