You are here

New here... This site will save me

Bellas_Mom's picture

I am sooo excited there is a resource like this available to me. I am a 27 year old mother to a darling little girl. Almost two years ago I left my daughters father and 6 months later I met the love of my life!! I live with him now and his five year old son. His son is amazing and all is great but the BM is a nightmare. True emotional wreckage. I feel like I am a therapist to her most days. It's truly hard to love a child that she created and I know how bad this sounds. I have my own daughter 24/7 bc her father recently killed himself. Sometimes I feel my DH feels the way about her that I feel about his son. Is there any hope or will all of this just tear us apart?

Most Evil's picture

Oh I am so sorry to hear about your ex. You have a lot going on! Glad you are here and hope you find what you need from it Smile

William Shakespeare, "Antony and Cleopatra", Act 2 scene 2

belleboudeuse's picture

Communication between the two of you is the key. And if you feel that you can't discuss these issues well, go see a counselor together so that you can learn to sort through these complex feelings. "Blended families", as they are so euphemistically called, are really complicated things, with lots of complex emotions all around. The divorce rate for them is even higher than for first marriages. So, you have to take control and start learning to communicate effectively as a couple.

Good luck!

BB

- You are not second best, you are not second class. Do not ever let anyone make you feel that way. (2Bloved)

overit4tenyrs's picture

It all starts with looking at yourself. Therapy has done wonders for me and I hope you will find it does the same for you. It helps having people to talk to on here that understand.