You are here

Ready for SD12 to go home!!

Mpjcmom's picture

Hello all -- I post here occasionally, usually venting about my SD12. I know things could certainly be worse, after reading many of your posts here. My SD12 is not outright rude to me or anything....she just doesn't do ANYTHING! I hate to say this, but she is about the most un-interesting child I've ever met! (And I work with kids and tend to like them!). This child has NO activities outside of school. Her grades are mediocre at best. In the 10 days she has been here for Spring Break, she had one sleepover at a friend's house. All the rest of the time, she was just here, doing her favorite things -- watching TV, texting, eating and sleeping. That's it! And with all that time on her hands, she can't even keep her room clean. The other day I picked up six -- yes, six -- wet, dirty towels off her bedroom floor. I said something to DH about it, and do course we got in a fight. So after that, I tried to disengage, walking past her filthy room without doing a thing. There is no way in heck I'm going through the dirty clothes on her floor, trying to figure out what's dirty and what's clean. I figure if she and my DH don't care, why should I?? I am NOT going to be her maid! Right now she is doing one of the things she loves to do best-- watching a scary movie in our game room with all the lights out, the volume up too loud, and the ceiling fan on high. Meanwhile, she is shouting, "Daddy, I'm hungry!" and my DH is fixing her something to eat. Ugh, spoiled and lazy!! BM, please hurry up and get here, so I can have my life and house back!

Jellybeam's picture

I understand completely!!!!! My SD11 has to be the laziest child I have ever known. These are her weekly chores:Brush the dog 2 times a week, vacuum the furniture 2 times a week, clean her own room, and do her own laundry(I quit doing her laundry when she was 8 because I would bring her basket of folded clothes to her room and all she had to do was put it away, but instead, she took out the top couple of layers and then threw dirty clothes on top of that and I got tired of re-washing clean clothes that she was too lazy to put away). I quit being Chore Nazi and Allowance Payer for her about 2 months ago, because it caused too much stress for me to deal with her. Her dad is finally beginning to see how lazy she really is. She has NEVER brushed the dog, we're lucky if she vacuums the furniture 1 time a week. She doesn't clean her room, but she does do her laundry. Oh, and she is supposed to take out the kitchen trash. It's overflowing right now, like always. I just thank god she's only here every other week. She's a fatass because she eats all day and doesn't do shit! And then she is jealous of my Barbie-Doll-like BD. Well, my BD DOES her chores, and if I ask her to help me with something, she has been taught better than to hesitate. My daughter also volenteers to help out sometimes, she's always busy doing something other than stuffing her face!

Mpjcmom's picture

Thanks for your responses! It's so nice to "talk" to others who can relate. Smile Yes, it's definitely easier to tolerate stuff when it's your bio child. My BD15 does need to be reminded to pick up after herself sometimes. But, she is a straight-A student with lots of activities and friends. I am willing to pick up the slack for her when she is at dance practice or studying for a test. It's just annoying to me that SD12 doesn't DO anything! She will be 13 next month. It seems like by now she should have at least one activity she's interested in -- a sport, band, orchestra -- something! There's just nothing. I stopped asking about her grades after the last time I did, she told me, "I only have one D!" Sad.....