DHS/CPS

End7r's picture

Supposedly SD's mother called DHS on us today.  I'm not entirely sure I believe it, as she rarely follows through on threats if you call her bluff.  When DH asked why, she said SD expresses anxiety and fear over visiting us.  She said this about 2 hours after SD called to ask her dad how many more sleeps til she could see us again.

So because I'm disengaged, DH has an appointment with an attorney for Thursday.  I was just curious if anyone has actually had them come to their house to investigate?  There is no evidence of physical abuse, because well, there isn't any.  We don't spank any of the children or anything physical.  SD Diablo tends to lie and exaggerate to her mother because it pleases her mom when she complains about us.  I feel her claims would be dismissed as baseless but I'm still a little worried. 

Has anyone had to deal with a false claim to DHS/CPS?  What did you or your attorney do?

--figureditout--'s picture

They were sent to my house many times over the years. One of the most memorable was on my birthday which happened to be a Sunday. BS at the time was 5 months old, sitting in a high chair. SD was sitting next to him as she wanted to help feed him. She was 5. Opened the door in my PJs with a jar of baby bananas in my hand. Looked right at the worker and said "Well, happy birthday to me "

We never lawyered up, although we should have with one of the last workers who got up in my face. They sent a deputy with them after that incident.

My SD'S mother was an absent parent with mental issues. SD inherited those issues.

classyNJ's picture

Yes!  SS17 then 16 decided he didn't want to be parented anymore and go back to DBDB where noone pays attention to him at all and he can do what he wants.

He completely freaked out crying and screaming in the principals office because I shut down his phone after a teacher called to tell DH that he was using in class and she told him to shut it off.  He told her to Eat Sh*t.  When they told him that they called his dad he freaked out more and assumed that DH was beating him and SS17 decided to run with it.

When I pulled up after work CPS was outside talking to DH.  She came in, asked us all questions, then said to all three of us "Mr. Classy you have a very spoiled manipulative teenager on your hands - good luck"

All was fine until the next day he went to school and the lady from CPS called and asked what happened after she left.  Told her DH went to bed, SS17 was emailing his mother and Classy was watching a movie.  She told us that SS17 was in fact emailing all his classmates and teachers to call 911 because DH was beating on him.  They pulled him into the nurses office, made him strip and he broke down and said he made it all up.  Didn't matter - we have a nanny cam that was recording 24 hours so we sent her the footage from the entire day and night.

It was horrible and unfounded, but SS17 as of that day went back to DBDB who by the way, did not want him to come back.  He will never live in my home again.

We did call our lawyer just to let her know what was going on.

Tin Can Zen's picture

I had a season of CPS visits. All ridiculous and unfounded stuff. We didn't get a lawyer. It made me very careful about whom I confided in and gave me a mistrust in general. It was damaging to me, and I still don't feel quite at ease. Difficult as it may be, there are many, many parents feeling unjustly accused. I'm sorry you are facing this issue. After my experience, I now default to assuming parents being accused are innocent and the bureaucracy that is supposed to keep children safe is used primarily as a tool for manipulation and wrecking parental authority. I'll never let my guard down like I used to. 

In my situation, all the police officers who rifled through my home, all the community health nurses who measured my children at school, all the crisis therapists we got sent to, all without fail, saw nothing wrong at my house and couldn't understand how someone had twisted things so thoroughly against me. I took it all VERY personally. 

You have all the empathy in the world from me!

Rags's picture

Our only experience with CPS/DHS was when my DW called CPS on her own parents about the shithole her younger sister was living in. No food, vermin infesting the house, a 15yo being left home alone for weeks, generally a minor living in a cess pool.  

CPS informed my DW that SIL was old enough to clean the house, have a job to have money, and could walk to the store to get food for herself. In otherwords, they were F-in useless.

So, it is good to hear that the CPS in so many STalker's experiences is actually worth a crap and can see through the bullsit of lying POS Skids and manipulative PASing opposition parents.

Even the bottom 10% of the marginally "professionally" employable who seem to go to work for sludge level social services departments can do a decent job upon occassion.  As the addage goes, even a broken clock is right twice a day.