You are here

BREAKINING UP BECAUSE OF STEPSON

texacopr's picture

TWO YEARS IN A RELATIONSHIP AND I REALISE THAT WE HAVE NO FUTURE BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO RAISE SOME ONE ELSES SON, I TRIED BUT IN MY MIND I CANT, WHEN HE DOES WRONG (HIS 5 YEASRS OLD) I APROCH HIM BUT OTHER WISE I DONT PLAY WITH HIM, ITS SAD BECAUSE I LOVE HIS MOTHER SHE DONT BELIVE ME, BUT THE PROBLEM IS I CANT GET ALONE WITH THIS KID, AFTER TWO YEAR I REALISE I AM AT THE POINT WHERE I WHANT TO BREAK UP,

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

texacopr's picture

I SPEND ALOT OF TIME WITH HIM, LIKE PLAY, PARKS, MOVIES,ECT. BUT IM AT THE POINT WHERE I CANT I DONT FEEL LIKE IT, SHE WANTS ME TO TRY BUT I JUST CANT EVEN TRY ANYMORE. AND WHEN I SAY SHE DOESNT BELIVE ME THAT I LOVE HER, BECAUSE SHE SAID IF I DONT LOVE HER SON THEN I DONT LOVE HER.

Auteur's picture

Your SO needs to know that her child is not one of her appendages. Do yourself a big fav and find a nice childless woman out there. She's obviously not ready for an adult relationship in which it's two ADULTS and one CHILD! Sounds like her son already has had a big heaping helping of "adult spousal status."

foxxystep's picture

i don' think this requires much thinking, you said it in your first line. You don't want to raise someone else's son. not only hers in particular. I agree, its best you find a childless girlfriend. not every man is man enough to take on that sort of responsibility. and you should never feel forced to do so...

Tommy.8888's picture

And you have it easy, she'sn not expecting you to mother her child the way my hubby expects me to do for his kid. Just spare urself the heart ach and move on. its not worth it. find someone with no kids You'll live MUCH more happyly.

hippiegirl's picture

Then end it. I was raised by a stepfather who didn't want a woman with a kid, and my life with him was hell. My relationship with my mother suffered because she forced us together.