You are here

Any suggestions?

tierny111's picture

I have a ss turning 15 today. For the past 2 days he has had the attitude from hell. I have had this child for the last going on 4 years of my life. He's expressed his feelings of not wanting a birthday cake or anything else like that for his birthday. Friday afterschool comes home and starts telling me how hes gonna kill me in detail with a ice pic.Either through the front of my neck or through the back of my neck and mame me for life.When my husband questions him friday night he says he was just joking. hubby told him thats nothing to be joking about and why start it again after you first met her you did it. He blew it off again as just joking. saturday he got attitude because he got a tool out the garage he wasnt suppose to get without permission. He was sent to his room for the rest of the day. Now im on the defensive. I have 2 other ss 11,and12 and im afraid this kind of behavior is gonna rub off. We always hear about the step parents killing the step children. Can someone please advise me on what to do.

MamaBecky's picture

He doesnt want a birthday cake then dont get him one. Dont even acknowledge his birthday at all. So what did your husband do after questioning him about the death threat? Let me guess....nothing!?! Your SS isnt going to stop this behavior unless his dad makes him. Why the hell would he question him. Immediate consequences for threatening his wife and no discussion required. Your husband needs to show your SS that messing with his wife will get him nothing but misery. Do not do squat for that kid until he is made to apologize to you and treat you with respect!