You are here

FSD in ICU

goincrazy.com's picture

What a weekend from hell, FSD15 wanted to go to the beach late Saturday afternoon, FDH dropped her off and off we went to a wedding reception. FDH got a call and was all panicked, someone heard from someone that FSD15 was convulsing at the beach and is at the hospital. WTF????

WE get to the county hospital and theres an unidentified female that just came in, she was found at the beach ALONE and was so intoxicated she was having trouble breathing on her own, couldn't hold her head up or move her body and was choking on her own vomit. It was in fact my FSD15.

She had tubes down her throat helping her breathe, she had a tube pumping out her stomach and she was cold, there was acid in her blood (the kind of acid when your body starts to shut down) and she almost died. She was in intensive care for awhile and got moved. Thank god there is no permanent damage and she will be ok. WTF was she doing????!!!!!!

Apparently, "someone" (She WILL NOT tell us how she got the bottle or where) got her a bottle for her birthday. She kept it at her cousins house (she's still denying but cousin admitted she brought it but it was FSD's) and she met her cousin(frm BMs side) at the beach and she drank ALOT in a short amount of time. Her blood alcohol was .22 :jawdrop:

A long time friend on FDH recognized FSD15 and went up to her and noticed how drunk she was and thought she was breathing funny and called the ambulance She tried getting ahold of FDH but had his old #. Her friends AND her cousin left her on the beach alone. The police and ambulance found her foaming at the mouth face down. Now there's contradicting stories a little bit bc her cousin says she was told to leave so she didn't "get in trouble" and FDH friend says everyone left her. they were trying to sit her up by a tree then dragged her by the water to "Wake her up" and were laughing about it like it was a joke. If the ambulance was called why was she found ALONE???????

I guess you really don't realize how much you care about someone until you almost lose them. And it broke my heart seeing my FDH. I have so many mixed emotions. Thank GOD she's ok, hard lesson to learn. And While I"m so grateful she's ok, I'm so angry! How stupid!!!!! I knew she was up to no good and had way too much freedom. FDH NEVER thought she would drink or betray his trust like this. WEll, now it's time to get your head out of the sand and give FSD15 some RULES.

WE stayed all night and day, no sleep. She was convulsing in her sleep and while we were at her bedside, BM showed up late, stayed for 15 min and went home to change. Was gone a long time. came back, sat with her for an hour and took the "family" room so her and her bf could sleep . R u kidding me?? She was gone for atleast 4 hours and came back just in time when the nurses woke FSD up and took her off propofol. Ummm when your child almost died and you have no idea if she is going to have permamnent damage, she's shaking in the bed convulsing with tubes down her throat and her eyes rolled in the back of her head and u leave as soon as you get there to change???? then you go to sleep???? R u fucking serious?????? What is wrong with her?? then of course when FSD wakes up shes crawls in bed with her and acts like shes been there the whole time. OMG, we were so irritated. FDH HATES her

So i kinda feel all over the place. Mixed emotions, I'm so glad she's ok. When bad things happen it puts thing into perspective like whats important and whats not. FDH is a hot mess and just keeps thinking he almost lost his baby so he's babying her and coddling her, shes giving food and drink orders everytime we leave and come back. FDH now wants her fulltime so her mom won't let her run around. I do understand, I would probley be the same way if it was my BD but at the same time I really don't think he should baby her that much. This is a hard lesson to learn and it's a super serious one. Shes laying in the hospital bed watching cable, reading magazines and eating snacks daddy brought her while he's waiting on her, giving back and foot rubs while she's complaining of how bored she is. And I'm not exaggerating.

I'm so annoyed.

I have no idea whats gonna happen now? FDH talks of no freedom, no sleepovers, and how she has to earn all the trust back. We'll see how the follow through is, I know how scared he was so he wants to protect her. This is gonna be tough.

I feel a little selfish for being annoyed, she should be bored and she should have some time alone to sit and think about what she did!!!! FDH just keeps thinking how he can't live without her and is beside her every second. She's going home today to her moms house and FDH is really upset. He wants her with us.

How would you handle this???

goincrazy.com's picture

Thank you, She is expected to make a full recovery and is already back to her normal self. I really don't think her mom would give up joint custody anyway, it's just my FDH is being really overwhelming right now. It is clear to me that in his previous marriage he was the mom and still is. I never understood that till this past weekend. They are putting her in treatment so hopefully she will get the help she needs.

I am really trying to not go crazy. I think it's going to get worse before it gets better. I'm working on being a little more flexible but my fdh and fsd are gonna get on my nerves!!!!!!! Now I know she's ok, I'm angry that she would be so stupid!!! She's gonna have one long summer.........

BSgoinon's picture

Wow. How scary. My heart and prayers go out to you guys.

I can't even imagine how your FDH feels right now. Hang in there and keep us posted.