You are here

Hi, I'm new here...

Sadie's picture

Hi, I found this site last night as I was about start looking for my own apartment. I am so happy I did.

My 15 year old SD flipped me off with both fingers, right before she left for counseling and that was about the last straw for me.

I also have a 15 month old DS who is my life and I enjoy being a mother to no end. My DH is pretty awesome, but has been dragged through the ringer by unstable BM. We never planned on having children and when my son was 4 months, SD came to live with us. I have known SD for 10 years and knew she had issues, but living with her has been insane. Her BM has done so much damage to her, I don't know if she will ever recover, that's why I put her in counseling.

DH told me I'm too uptight, when we discussed me moving out. So, I am trying really hard not to be and when SD returned from counseling, I told her we would not tolerate that kind of behavior in this home, she said sorry and I accepted and we moved on...

I don't want to leave my home or have my son grow up with out his father. When SD is with her mom every other weekend, it's so blissful in our home!!! When she returns, she is monster!

I don't know if I can do this 2 1/2 more years!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ThatGirl's picture

What a great idea! If my SD hadn't quit coming home, I might have done the same thing.

The problem I see with doing something like that is what happens to all those gifts when she doesn't move out? Or when she moves out in a way of which you don't approve (drop out, shack up, etc.)? She's going to feel entitled to them. Do you just let her have the Hope Chest regardless, or do you donate it, or what?

Orange County Ca's picture

I also encourage you to hang in there. These rebellious children often change drastically in their final year of high school as they start to face reality just outside the door.

Make the calendar the others have spoke of public. Let the kid see it and when she asks what its for tell her the unvarnished truth. Without being angry or spiteful just say you are looking forward to the day she is finally free of the household she hates so much and that you will be happy for the both of you.

No rancor just easy to understand truth.

And if she does change, perhaps decided to go to college, you can always change your mind about her leaving.

Sadie's picture

Thank you for replying. We honestly thought of me moving out and staying together, but I'm worried we would set ourselves up for disaster.

What is with all these crazy replies/advertisments?