You are here

I've been pretty lucky until now

Sunshinetogray's picture

Sad So I have been pretty lucky. My SD lives with her BM and her Step dad in a different state never visited here and I never talked to because of problems she caused every time she was around...until the 16 year old accused her step dad until molesting(btw she lied. Lie detector tests and a found journal proved it) her thinking it would either hurt her mom or get him kicked out so she had more time with the boyfriend that the mom was refusing to let her see because. He was over 18. So this kid at 16 and a better manipulator than I could ever think of being ...never liked me and has tried at every point to break up her dad and me has to move in with us because no one is comfortable having her around now. So another part to this story is my husband never wanted anything to do with my bio kids that have since grown up and moved out. But for some reason I'm supposed to be a parent? And ! He travels ..I told him he would have to stop so he can care for his daughter. Which was fine ..but tonight he told me if he had to travel he excepted me to watch her!! Idk what to do. I'm ready to leave before this mess moves in. I feel extremely defeated in this relationship. I understand disengaging ..I've done it. What now? I should be expected to watch a kid that lies like a sociopath and that hates me. I've had this talk with my husband and what he says is I don't want our relationship to work. Sad

hismineandours's picture

You shouldnt watch her if you dont feel comfortable and if she is not willing ot see you as an authority figure. It is dangerous for everyone involved. If you and your dh split up, what would he do? He'd have to figure something else out, correct?

planningMyEscape's picture

What in the world? No way should you have to watch his kid, no matter what. Either he stays home, OR the kid goes to her mom's house. She is a liar, and you should NOT have to put up w/that. Period.

Sunshinetogray's picture

Sad I won't be watching her.funny part is my daughter was so uncomfortable and depressed she left with 5 months of school left. I asked her back and she's coming back...now he's PISSED. My daughter was never close to perfect but she never tried to ruin someone's life to get what she wanted...

darky's picture

That is my biggest fear ... My SS moving in when he gets older because Bm can't handle what she has created. I feel for you and wish you luck with whatever decision you make sunshine to grey

Kes's picture

The situation in the previous post by darky - has been threatening to happen to me over the last 6-8months - NPD BM created a monster who has all her mother's delightful ways, and BM started saying she couldn't handle her, we'd have to take her. Not likely, Mrs! You make your bed, so the saying goes, you f**king lie in it! I have had to make it crystal clear to DH that should SD16 move in, I will be moving out.
Sunshinetogray - stick to your guns, I bet you that your husband will back down.

Sunshinetogray's picture

Her mom won't let her back...with reason. The girl accused her step dad of a crime that could've ruined his life. No one wants her. She should be charged with a false police report..something. I have asked all those questions nosteppingstone.I said I would move out he said he loves me and wants me to stay...he said he has no choice. I told him I would not watch her. And he knew and knows this. Why would he put me in a situation that was unhealthy... it seems the ones that the bad ones always bounce back and get what they want. She has always tried to break up my marriage ..this time she will probably get her way.... again

skylarksms's picture

So, how long does your DH think that she will be in your household until she decides she doesn't like THAT and is claiming false abuse charges against YOU while Dear Dad is on the road??

Sunshinetogray's picture

He thinks she won't do that to him..but he's never been consistly in her life so I don't see any close bonds

duct_tape's picture

I would march down to Radio Shack. Buy an audio/video camera for every freaking space in your house. Record and backup every single minute. Put one outside your bedroom, her bedroom and the bathroom. NEVER EVER EVER go into an unmonitored space with her. They are cheap. Twenty bucks.

duct_tape's picture

Every thing she says and you respond with will be recorded. She will not like it. The truth will set her free.

Sunshinetogray's picture

If I knew at the beginning that this was a possibility and if he had been honest about how messed up his kid was instead of painting her perfect I would never have been in this situation