You are here

A Masterful Manipulator: SS17

StepUltimate's picture

My DH got 100% played tonight by SS17. DH doesn't know, and I'm not planning on telling him because I am detaching & letting SS17 hang his own self.

This morning as SS17 was leaving for school & we were saying goodbye, I asked if he was coming home or going to BM's tonight. He said he was coming home.

This afternoon, DH calls me at work, gave SS cash to go on a date tonight. Excited the kid had date; upset with. I instantly suspect thwt's total b.s. & the google tracking shows me SS17 has been at his stoner buddy's house all evening.

So I'm going to sit on this info, stay detched, and not tip my hand. Helpful but disappointing to know that SS17 is still showing no sign of stopping the manipulation, lies, and blowing cash on weed. It's really old getting lied to every single day.

Thanks for listening/reading...

StepUltimate's picture

Clarification: allegedly going to take a girl to the movies with another couple, one of'em has a car.

The real catch here is, DH confronted SS17 days ago - called him out on the lies, broken commitments, refusal to get a job, ongoing pot-smoking

StepUltimate's picture

11:25pm update, SS just got home & I greeted him and asked how his date went, if they enjoyed the movie. He lied it up and said a group went, his date thanked him for buying her ticket, etc... but then I cut him off and said it was so nice to hear he had a nice time with his date at the movie theatre, and that he should be sure to tell his dad all about it tomorrow, love you, going to sleep now, goodnight.

StepUltimate's picture

I have saved the photos (to the same file all my pix of SS17's failed drug test photos, and I wrote on the Visiting BM Calendar (where many lies are recorded). HATE it that SS lies right to his dad's face in a premeditated, remorseless way. Also wonder if this is SS17's sick way at saying Eff You to his dad for having gotten majorly lectured & yelled at earlier in the week, or if that's ancient history & this con was just more of the same old, same old.

My head is pounding, just woke up drenched from a hot flash, and really hoping I don't have the flu lots of people around me are getting. Stressing about all my SS's lies & b.s. is stressing me out and I have to stop letting it suck my energy, harboring resentments against my SS is hurting me.

momjeans's picture

I recall where you guys live, I don’t recall if SS17 works, though.

At his age, I was required to contribute to the household, because I worked. Is your DH just handing this kid money to unknowingly party?

I grew-up not too far from there. That city has some very sketchy, drug riddled areas. I would be uneasy and unhappy about all of this behavior, too.

StepUltimate's picture

Feeling numb this morning, knowing 8 have to detach but also SO angry and disgusted at the lying. Deceiving the dad who fought for and won custody,rescuing SS from raging, abusive, lying, bullsh*t perfrmance-artist BM - lying right to his dad's face, AGAIN, to manipulate cash from the CS account to buy weed... instead of getting a f*cking job & buying his own weed.

Just survival-rant8ng here because my heart is so burnt OUT on living with a lying con artist. DH knows I'm upset but thinks I'm just going off my vibe (which has been accurate & proven correct most of the time over these past 4 years (1st year I was bamboozled by the innocent little abused kid act, even though a close family member warned me about the "really good innocent kid act").

Now it's just a matter of hours/days before SS hits DH up for more of the CS savings so it can go up in smoke like last night's "movie ticket/dste" money went. That started with Christmas last month, when "Jobless-because-I-refuse-to-job-hunt" got DH's sympathy at having no money to buy gifts for other family members. DH didn't give out cash but took SS gift-shipping then reimbursed our checking from the CS account. So weeks later, it's progressed to hitting dad up for cash for a "date," and now he's all whistling & happy having pulled the con-artist wool over his dad's eyes (which severely impairs my ability to respect SS, and reinforces alllll the reasons I already lost trust in him... it's like he's now trampling on any possibility of restoring a relationship with me. Fortunately, I read all the horror stories on StepTalk so I'm 100% clear on the odds of that happening anyway.

thinkthrice's picture

It would be fun to ask him what kind of date he had and then mention various types of pot!! }:)

thinkthrice's picture

dup