You are here

My soon to be (??) SD is becoming a entitled adult

DixxieBelle's picture

She lives with Mom, my fiance and the Mom were never married, she got preggo when he tried to leave years ago, they've been apart many years, and he was basically single, dated some. The child showed her you know what when she saw my ring, well he handled that and the Mom's threats, etc to me (she's nutz), I ignored the nonsense. The child is 16, the Mom will not work. She gets CS + spends the child's SS benefits f/the dad (the kid has told us this) and he pays their utility bills. He also pays for everything else, and I mean everything - school, gas, phone, insurance, medical, food, you name it. The child comes over 1 to 3 times per week with her hand out, that is the ONLY reason she goes over there. We do not live together. I work full-time and have my entire life, I am self-sufficient. The child was to get a job at 16; however, she has every excuse for NOT getting one. I'm at my wits end and it's pretty obv why I have chosen not to marry, but lately I'm depressed over the situation. How can someone possibly think it is okay to take, take, take and not be responsible? He works too  b/c he is young at heart but they don't seem to care that he is out in the heat and cold working, he's just the bank. Am I crazy for being upset over this?

Rags's picture

No you are not crazy. The good news is that in only two years your SO will be off of the hook for his youthful breeding choices.

Dads_Wife's picture

While there is some learning to step parent hood and figuring out what battles you want to fight, maybe it is best you leave this situation. This child has been raised to think this is okay and will likely continue this behavior well past 18. This is something that will continue. And when you're BF decides to discontinue this philanthropy, he will pay the price, will likely get depressed, and your relationship will crumble. It is just a pattern I have seen on this website and I'm really sorry to bring you this bad news. 

SonOfABrisketMaker's picture

BM is spending her own father's social security money?