OT - Thankful/Thirsty Thursday
Happy Friday Eve, STalkers! I don't know about you, but this has been a week of Mondays. Blech! It's chaos out there and I've been reading waaaaaay too much news (cue insomnia as my mind goes into overdrive) so today I'm concentrating on some basics that are all too often taken for granted. I am thankful for:
- A solid house, a working vehicle, and a good job.
- Clean clothes, comfortable shoes, and skivvies that don't ride up.
- The ability to WFH because I do NOT have to wear a bra!
- My DH, who is hard working and loves me unconditionally.
- Family and friends who are there for a laugh, a shoulder, companionship.
- Fresh prune tarts and strong, hot coffee.
Can you believe that Labor Day weekend is almost here?? Tempus Fugit. If you're planning a cookout, here are a couple of Slush recipes that I enjoy.
- 2 - 3 oz packages of jello mix (any flavor)
- 5 cups boiling water
- 1 - 46 oz pineapple juice
- 1 - 2 cups of sugar (how sweet do you like it?)
- 3 cups vodka
- Ginger Ale, 7-Up or preferred pop
- In a stock pot (or other large cooking vessel), combine jello with sugar and boiling water, whisking to dissolve. Once dissolved, stir in the pineapple jice and vodka.
- Transfer to a large freezer safe container and freeze overnight (I like to use two smaller containers).
- Once frozen, break up slush with a spoon.
- To serve, fill a glass with 3/4 slush and 1/4 ginger ale/7-Up.
- Stir and enjoy!
- 1 - 12 oz can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 - 12 oz can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 can of Bourbon (use the emptied concentrate cans to measure)
- 4 teabags, any flavor (fruity is nice)
- 5 cans of water *
- 7-Up or club soda
- Boil 1/2 to 3/4 cup of water and steep the teabags for 20-30 minutes. Remove teabags.
* The tea is part of the 5 cans of water!
- Mix all ingredients and transfer to a large freezer safe containter and freeze overnight.
- To serve, fill a glass with 3/4 slush and 1/4 7-Up or club soda.
- Stir and enjoy!
- This recipe is easily doubled.
FYI, if you want a non-alcoholic punch, there are tons if you google "jello slush punch". *drinks*