You are here

BF wanting to take 3 year old daughter on a cruise?

michele.dance's picture

BF emailed me that he is going to take our 3 year old daughter on a cruise in August and wants me to sign the paperwork to get her a passport. He said she doesn't have to have a passport for him to take her on this cruise but he wants to get her one in case of emergency. We were never married and we currently have 50/50 custody with me being the Primary Residential Parent. For about the first year of her life he was only allowed supervised visitation with her due to an order of protection I had against him. I wouldn't mind him taking her if she were older and she could call me if something happened or he tried to not bring her back. But at this point I am not comfortable with him taking her out of the country...can I stop him from taking her on this cruise? Can he still take her even if I say no? Any advice is GREATLY appreciated...

Snowflake's picture

My ex has taken my kids on a couple of cruises and they really enjoyed them. Why would I want to hinder thier fun. She would probably like it. Bm has taken steps out on wild vacations, and dh didn't have a prob with it, and his son was younger then your daughter. It is his daughter to and he will take care of her.

I think that it may be hard to let go, but she will enjoy it. Just my 2 cents!!!