You are here

Bio mom won't let SS come to wedding

stepmom21's picture

me and DH are getting married this weekend and bio mom has decided not to let SS come at the last minute. She is pregnant and due any time now but she originally agreed to let ss come when she knew our wedding was around the time she was due. She now says we should have not planned the wedding around her due date...are you kidding me. We didn't even know she was due. SS could be in town 2 hours after she goes into labour, BM said there is no way ss is missing the birth of the baby....what is he going to do, sit in the room and watch the baby come out? I am so mad that she is ruining this special day for our family by not letting my husbands son come to his dads wedding. All ss has been talking about is the wedding and how hes so excited and I don't understand why BM would hurt her son by not letting him be a part of our special day, especially when she knows how excited he is. She always tries to ruin any special plans we have with him and it boggles my mind how someone can be so hateful.

justanothergurlNJ's picture

That is why we are eloping and nit telling a SOUL, all BM will know is we are taking the boys away to said palce for the weekend. It will be just priceless when the boys go home and tell BM Daddy and justanothergurl got married. OHHHH I can't wait lmao it makes me chuckle just thinking of the day. The icing on the cake is I will have BFs last name, something she never had since they were never married. I will have the same last name as HER kids bahahahaha!

I am hoping so. I hope it send her over the edge and makes her come out of her face!!!

3familiesIn1's picture

Ah yes, so the great BMs event is more important than the BFs event. Sounds about right.

Who's day is it? If its hers, then I guess she has that right. DH and I made sure we planned our wedding date on a skid day so that BM couldn't do that to us.

Tranquility's picture

There is no place for kids in the delivery room. That is her time to heal and bond with the new-born. She can text a video or a picture of the new baby to your husband's phone and say "He can't wait to meet you guys, have fun at the wedding, see you soon".

BTW-if she approved your vacation time prior to this, FOC will hold her to this.

Disneyfan's picture

Which parent is scheduled to have the kid the weekend of the wedding?

I can see both parents point of view. They both want the kid to share in their big day. Most likely the kid is excited about both events.

ocs's picture

this is a blessing. I only wish for the same.

Now, if only my DH wouldn't be devastated by it...

stepmom21's picture

We did plan it for our weekend that we have SS and visitation is court ordered but she said she does not care....and honestly I do not want all the stress of fighting with her/going to file with the courts the day before the wedding.She said She will have someone drive him out to the wedding(2hrs away) then wait for a couple house and drive him home. I told DH expect for him not to be there. As mad as it makes me I am going to try to have a happy wedding day regardless.

No need to file in court go pick up skids with CO in hand and if she refuses call the police. Bitches like this need a beat down

stepmom21's picture

also ss said he would rather be at our wedding because it only happens once and he will have the baby forever. He says his mom is just trying to control him.

Invisiblestepmom14's picture

Our BM did this the week we were getting married, the skids were going to be with us at our wedding and the Monday before our wedding she called CPS and accused us of child abuse! So a protection/no contact order was put in place, we couldn't see or talk to them for 2 weeks after the wedding! When CPS found that no child abuse had occurred and found out that she accused us the week we were getting married. All hell broke lose and the investgation was dropped. Funny how CPS never believe her after that!!

Orange County Ca's picture

Ruining your day? Only because you're letting her.

Forget about it - the kid will live, decisions have to be made, one thing or another. She has control. Accept that. If this kid deems that missing your wedding is as earth shaking as you believe it is he'll blame his mother. Meanwhile celebrate your occasion.