You are here

Cut the visit short...?

BlueberrysBaby's picture

My husband's kid (15 y/o boy) is staying with us right now and I desperately want this kid to go home. His mother conveniently took off on a little vacay until after the new year so we can't send him home early. I'm going up the freakin' wall here, feeling like a guest in my own home.

This is a two week visit after my DH hasn't seen the kid in over a year. It's SO uncomfortable. We have a VERY, VERY, VERY small place so the skid is sleeping in the living room until at least noon every day. DH refuses to wake his lazy butt up. I'm at the point where I'd love them BOTH to get the f&ck out!

I just wanted to vent a little, but am I really totally out of line here? DH is acting like I'm just a monster for wanting to send his kid home early Sad

Blueberry's Baby

BlueberrysBaby's picture

Hello Cruella dahlink! It HAS been a long time.

I did just what you suggested and the kid still didn't wake up and DH accused me of "slamming around downstairs." He had the gall to tell me I was being selfish because I wanted to clean the living room while his kid was still asleep at 10 minutes to noon. To which I did reply - it's not about ME, it's about the CLOCK ON THE WALL!!!

This guy hasn't changed - he's still so riddled with guilt over being such a crappy dad for the last 6 years, now he acts like his kids pee holy water even though they're juvenile delinquents.

Yes, we start marriage counseling on Wednesday... Last chance DH!

Blueberry's Baby

Colorado Girl's picture

bartender. Smile

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain."

Colorado Girl's picture

You must think like my husabnd....that's what he wanted for tonight. Only problem is that in the 20 degree weather we're having....sitting by the fire sipping Margaritas didn't sound quite right.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain."

BlueberrysBaby's picture

We're lucky - the pastor at our church is a former marriage & family counselor. There may be a pastor/priest/rabbi, etc. in your area who's qualified and can counsel for little or nothing. Just an idea - consider it sharing a coupon Smile

BTW, glad I could give everybody a giggle with the "pee holy water" line. I know I'm a big wisea** Blum 3

Blueberry's Baby

laurels4u's picture

Peeing holy water! That is hysterical and do think with your permission I will have to borrow that saying for use with my own DH and his Precious son.

Be glad you don't have to put up with it all of the time. My DH's son lives with us and I have to look forward to that crap day in and out. I live for weekends and summer vaca!

Angel's picture

weeks straight is difficult & I feel for you. 15 year old boys act like men & children at the same time. You're right, the guilty dad syndrome is in effect.
Be glad it isn't EOW & only once a year. Hang in there.

I told my husband I would give him one more year of this EOW thing. By the time the boy is 16.5---things will be different. He can visit him anytime he wants but no sleepovers! I am done.

sunshine64's picture

My boyfriend whom I have been with for 4.5 yrs now has a 17yr old son who was kicked out by the mom at 13yrs old. Well to make a long story short they lived with me for about a year and had to move out. (they moved right down the road) that was over 2.5 yrs. Now his son is almost 18 has a ninth grade education is drinking smoking, having premarital sex and no job. Oh and a temper to boot. Now my BF wants to move back in because he feels like I would be a good influence on him. This kid respects nothing and has a mouth of a sailor-he kid is out of control and I have two grown sons of my own who have jobs and going to college respect my rules and me. Furthermore, my BF and I have been fighting more and more and our relationship is not on solid ground. I had to tell him no he could not move in, we differ in parenting styles so much ( I believe he suffers with guilty dad syndrome) he yells and threatens his son but with no follow thru, I try to give advice but then he gets mad at me.
I feel bad and he is hurt but I am afraid if this kid moves in it will be worse for us and my family (needless to say my blood pressure)
help!?