You are here

DH has decided he doesnt want more kids

nola2011's picture

DH has been married twice. 1st marriage to BM for 10 yrs, 2 SS. 2nd marriage fr 6 yrs, no kids together. She had a daughter and didnt want more kids and convinced DH to have a vascetomy. Then I came along and was very clear that I want kids and would never have dated DH much less married him if I knew he wouldnt get the vasectomy reversed. 3 yrs later his boys are 16 and graduate next year. I am 38 and my biological clock is alarming. Now he not only is doing a crappy job at parenting (no discipline, no follow through, kids run the house) but he is robbing me of being a mom. I get his kids arent turning out that great and he us not thrilled to be a dad again, but damn it I am not BM and I actually want to parent. I am beginning to hate DH and SSs for denying me my dream of having a baby. He says we cant afford more kids or a V reversal but he will drop money on anything his kids ask for. He spent $1000 this summer on baseball stuff the boys HAD to have that they never used, meanwhile I cant afford surgery and we cant have kids of our own. I feel tricked into marrying him. I feel like DH is the worst kind of jerk and doesnt love me at all to not only take my dream away but force me to watch his kids grow up with such bad parenting and not let me be involved at all except of course to cheer them on or help him. I feel like he married me because I loved him and his kids, not because he loved me. If I try to think about what he does for me that no one else could or would do, I cant think of anything. Not one thing. He is completely replacable. There are a million guys out there in this huge world that are my age, want kids, dont have kids already, might find me attractive, want a woman who supports their dreams and would support mine too, who want to make my dreams come true, who have no skid or BM drama, who are nice guys. DH has nothing to offer with 3 exes, 2skids, a vasectomy, a stack of bills, no support, no faith, just a taker. So what the hell am I doing being miserable with DH and sacrificing so much? Because DH and skids have killed my self-esteem. I can do so much better and maybe find real two-sided love.

nola2011's picture

ok 3 glasses of wine and the skids so not a good night but sheesh why the hell do any of us put up with this crap?

nola2011's picture

I seriously dream about that constantly. No BD drama, just a sperm bank. A place of my own without a whiney, selfish man. No biting my tongue with rude skids. No having my world revolve around skids and a BM and someone else deciding where I live, where my money goes, when I get to be part of their family. Never respected or appreciated or loved. I want my own family, my own life, my own dreams with people who love and appreciate me. My DH will never appreciate me, neither will my SSs. They are ruined, pretty hopeless at 16. They are who they are going to be and thats a train wreck I cant stop. I want a new life, new family, new baby of my own. Being single and alone with hope sure as hell beats being hopeless with someone.

nola2011's picture

Mazzy, we met via a dating site (mistake #1). We both posted we wanted more kids. Dated a yr and a half before we got married. Now he makes every excuse to not have them but money is the main one. He wint even talk about it with me, just dismisses me. At this point its less about the fact he doesnt want kids and more about how he is so callous with my dreams and desire to be a mom.

Do I want him to be a father to my children? Honestly no, seeing how lazy he is at parenting his kids. Oh hes at every baseball game and he will buy them anything and he wants to be their best friend. But he teaches them nithing, they are completely helpless, the arent preoared for life at all and he and BM have such low standards for them and any mistakes or faults are always someone elses. But the evil part of me wants him to be the dad just so I can show him I am 10 times the parent and my kids will at least have manners, be respectful and care about others. But my baby would be better off without him. Watching him with skids I have lost all respect for him as a man.

Dannee's picture

Stop Talking and
Start
Doing...

Before you turn

planningMyEscape's picture

Run away!!!!!!!! I'd post more, but you'd have to read it, and that is using up the precious time that you should use to PACK YOUR THINGS AND RUN AWAY!!!