You are here

Does BM have a right...

Swim_Mom's picture

My DH has not seen his son (15) since mid-March when the quarantine began. SS lives about 45-60 minutes away, and normally DH would go get him to go out to dinner every Wednesday night (ever since I've known him) and then the EOWE has evolved into DH drives out there and spends an afternoon taking him to lunch and movie or something. He has not been in our house in a year (fine by me). So today DH went to his sister's, which is literally 10 minutes past where SS lives (based on what I have going on today and my kids, none of us went with though normally we would...we are going to see my parents in a little while). 

He had to ASK SS if it is ok if he says hi from the driveway, and then SS had to ask his mother. The one thing that BM and I have in common is an abundance of caution when it comes to health-related things, but seriously? And it's FATHER'S DAY. Not that that brat wouldf ever have bothered to text his dad on Father's Day, the useless lump he is. She was fine with it but it annoys me that the kid felt he had to ask her - c'mon he's 15 years old. I have a feeling a mini-husband relationship is evolving there.

BethAnne's picture

If they are being very cautious about the virus then I don't see it being that unusual for him to check with his mother. 

tog redux's picture

No, BM doesn't have the right. Custody exchanges are considered essential, so without DH's permission to keep SS from his visits, she is violating the order.